- Philadelphia, PA
Our focus is to assist clients to grow profitably. Located in Guy Carpenter's Philadelphia office, this position will work with brokers, clients and other GC Analytics colleagues to deliver actuarial services and financial modeling to help assess loss exposure and the financial impact of risk mitigation strategies. We typically evaluate loss expectations and pricing of different reinsurance programs and the financial impact of those programs. The position also supports capital modeling, portfolio management, and other analytical services as requested by clients. The position will support company-wide initiatives to modernize our tool suite, products and analytical skill set.
- Acts with limited supervision to propose actuarial services and valuations to businesses based on their current and future needs to help them mitigate risk
- Modifies complex specialty models, and proposes more value added models to brokers and clients to assess their risk exposure and forecasts risks, losses and financial impact
- Helps to expand client services beyond reinsurance transactions to drive business development (e.g., catastrophe exposure modelling)
- Works with team to build complex specialty models to assess risk and develop pricing strategies for a range of risk exposures
- Advises management on issues, progress, etc., regularly in order to ensure the reinsurance transaction process
- Communicates strategically with brokers, re-insurers, and clients to anticipate clients' needs and drive usage of reinsurance actuarial services
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics
- 5+ years of insurance experience with a preference to reinsurance experience
- Completion of4+ actuarial exams
- Excellent verbal and writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and GC colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Good ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency etc.
- Excellent MS Excel skills and proficient in the other Microsoft office products
- Other computer skills are a plus including R, Python, and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client, reinsurer and internal relationships.
- Good project management and mentoring skills
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top