Actuarial Analyst - Raleigh, NC
- Raleigh, NC
Marsh & McLennan Agency - Raleigh, NC
At Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA), we approach insurance in a different way...and that means a more interesting, exciting, relevant career for you. When you work with MMA, you'll find real opportunities to make people and businesses safer, more secure, and more successful. That's why working with MMA is a career that matters.
- Manages analysis, including drill down, into the utilization and unit cost drivers of medical and pharmacy expenses; develops recommendations related to plan designs, contributions and types of care and providers warranting attention.
- Prepares claim projections and trend analysis for larger clients; tracks claims and updates forecasts; compares funding mechanisms.
- Reviews and prepares annual benefit plan renewals for clients; interacts effectively with insurance carrier underwriting and actuarial personnel to ensure clients are receiving fair and equitable ratings and premiums.
- Develops modeling tools and spreadsheets to assist clients, prospective clients and their employees with benefit plan decisions, including consumer directed health care such as health savings accounts and health reimbursement arrangements.
- Provides tools to assessing the financial terms of carrier proposals on all types of employee benefit programs, including medical, pharmacy, disability, life, long term care, dental and voluntary products.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access as well as data management and database applications.
- Must have strong relationship building skills and be customer focused.
- Strong oral and written communication essential.
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic with consistent initiative and follow through on projects and tasks to completion while meeting deadlines; ability to work independently toward objectives with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or similar field required.
- Exceptional Analytical Ability as demonstrated through course work and experience.
- Successful completion of actuarial exam recommended.
- Current Life & Health licensure or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Travel to various office and client locations may be required. Must have valid transportation.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
Back to top