Job Description Summary
This position is for an individual working within the GC Analytics Actuarial team who will work under supervision and assist in organizing, analyzing and interpreting client data and performing modeling to help analyze the cost and structure of a reinsurance program as well as other analytical projects.
- Interprets and analyzes client data to assist senior actuaries in evaluating reinsurance programs (i.e., pricing, stochastic risk assessments, and advisory work).
- Assists with performing basic calculations and loading data into models (i.e., experience and exposure models) to help determine the price and evaluation of reinsurance structures.
- Assists in responding to client queries and concerns, and resolving issues in a timely manner to enhance client experience.
- Delivers analyses on time and updates team members on issues and progress to ensure no surprises.
- Researches issues and industry trends in support of reinsurance transaction process.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 actuarial exams required; 3 to 4 exams preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel with skills in other MS Office products and coding R, Python and SQL a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent team player
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top