Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Plymouth Meeting, PA
The primary role of the Accounts Receivable Specialist is maintain the day to day activities of the accounts receivable function and support the Finance Manager in the daily process of receipts, recording, and reconciling carrier and client payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Process and maintain Daily Cash Records
- Data Entry of all revenue received from insurance carriers and clients on a daily basis
- Data Entry of daily deposits utilizing accounting systems. Finalize internal and external commission runs on a timely basis.
- Reconcile and upload daily deposits.
- Run and support Financial Analyst with closing
- Special projects as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Min of 1 year experience in business with focus in accounting or related area of experience
- Experience in the Insurance Industry is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Must be able to follow standard processes and procedures with consistency and accuracy;
- Must have strong attention to deadlines and other related requirements;
- Must be organized, detail oriented, accurate in data entry and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting, decision making and problem solving skills;
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member;
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word (Intermediate), Excel (Intermediate) and Access (Intermediate);
- Must have foundation of accounting knowledge and ability to work with highly confidential information;
- Aptitude for learning internal systems, applications and internal work flow of the department;
- Must be able to effectively interact and deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Knowledge of Great Plains (Microsoft) and Pcom (Commission system /Access) are a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work is typically performed either on site at Trion's Conshohocken, PA office, or at various customer/Trion locations as required.
Back to top