Accounting Policy Manager
- Jersey City, NJ
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) has an exceptional opportunity for an Accounting Policy Manager in our Hoboken, NJ location! The right person must have strong knowledge on existing and new US GAAP accounting standards. You will use this knowledge to guide internal colleagues on best practices and any technical accounting inquiries. This position will include accounting research, drafting of technical accounting memos and refreshing accounting policies. It will also have a great deal of ad hoc/special projects to be presented to members of the Controllership Senior Leadership Team. Strong technical accounting, writing and project management skills are important. If this sounds like you and you are interested in taking your career to the next level, we want to speak with you!
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure dissemination and consistency of accounting policy globally.
- Manages the completion of special projects presented to the Assistant Controllers and Global Controller
- Conducts research and documents conclusions on specific accounting matters that arise within the Global Controller network including new guidance from the SEC and FASB;
- Provides responsive, competent service and information to regional financial management.
- Leads the execution of new accounting pronouncements relating to GAAP and conforming the Company's accounting policies globally.
- Manages staff in matrix environment and provides appropriate management to ensure quality of work and integration of team members' work; assist in documenting employee goals and performance reviews for staff, ; mentors and develops staff in functional, technical, and behavioral competencies.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of accounting experience
- "Big 4" or large public accounting firm experience highly preferred
- CPA is required
- Experience writing accounting policies and accounting technical memos
- Experience managing both people and projects
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity . Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top