- Urbandale, IA
Accountant - Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is looking for a strong Accountant for our Urbandale IA location! The right person has 5-8 years of experience and be strong with analysis. You will be the point person for questions, deliver training and work with senior leaders. If this sounds like you, then we want to speak with you!
In this role, your primary responsibilities will be the following:
- Develops processes for capturing various performance metrics.
- Compiles data for management reporting.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and data users to improve metric reporting.
- Evaluates systems, data, and processes for management reporting and process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborates with users and subject matter experts to identify and implement process improvements.
- Assists and leads implementation of process changes and projects.
- Reviews internal processes and procedures and provides recommendations to management for improvement.
- Prepares ad hoc analyses as assigned.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Prepares, reviews and/or approves moderately complex journal entries and consolidated statements and/or client account reconciliations.
- Analyzes and maintains the general ledger accounts.
- Researches accounting policy or reporting issues and prepares position paper/policy on the related subject.
- Prepares financial statements and disclosures and reconciles to appropriate support information.
- Prepares and analyzes revenue and/or expense reports; coordinates revenue and expense accruals and ensures timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close.
- Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts carriers, clients, administrative systems, financial statement line items, and related disclosures, including Management's discussion and analysis. Findings may be presented to senior management.
- Verifies work of and provides guidance to less experienced levels of accountants.
- Position may provide functional advice or training to less-experienced accountant positions. Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
A four-year degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
If you possess excellent accounting skills and experience and are ready to join an industry leader, apply now!
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top