- Urbandale, IA
Accountant - Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is looking for a strong Accountant for our Urbandale IA location! The right person has 5-8 years of GL experience; specifically Reconciliation and Accounting Operations. You will be the point person for questions, deliver training and work with senior leaders. If this sounds like you, then we want to speak with you!
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepares, reviews and/or approves moderately complex journal entries and consolidated statements and/or client account reconciliations
- Analyzes and maintains the general ledger accounts.
- Prepares and analyzes revenue and/or expense reports; coordinates revenue and expense accruals and ensures timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close.
- Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts carriers, clients, administrative systems, financial statement line items, and related disclosures, including Management's discussion and analysis.
- Reviews internal processes and procedures and provides recommendations to management for improvement. Assists and leads implementation of process changes and projects.
- Provides guidance to less experienced levels of accountants. This may include training and functional advice.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
- Prepares ad hoc analyses as assigned.
This opportunity will need someone who is self-directed, is a good problem-solver and has excellent communication skills. You should also be comfortable dealing with senior leaders.
If you possess excellent accounting skills and experience and are ready to join an industry leader, apply now!
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top