Account Manager - Environmental Practice (1813CENV)
Account Manager, Environmental Practice
Greensboro, Charlotte NC or Roanoke, Richmond, VA
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle-market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Supports producers with regard to Environmental Insurance coverages by developing initial and on-going business and consultative relationships with clients, prospective clients and carriers.
- Markets and negotiates new and renewal accounts. Oversees the marketing process, renewal and new business process for Environmental Insurance placements.
- Working with Producer/Account Manager to develop a marketing strategy
- Reviewing applications for completeness and following up with Producer/Account Manager or client to obtain necessary information.
- Sending applications to Carriers in accordance with company procedures.
- Receiving and reviewing renewal and new business quotes from carriers, comparing coverages and forms; and negotiating coverages with underwriters
- Prepares proposals and other carrier products
- Binds Coverage with carriers as needed
- Reviews prospects policies and provides appropriate feedback.
- Works closely with MMA Mid-Atlantic divisions to provide quality consultation services and serve as a resource to producers, account managers and clients.
- Receives phone calls from clients and production teams and responds to the request. Advises the Producer of any potential issues or questions, as necessary.
- Meets with producers and account teams to discuss issues, and resolve problems.
- Maintains proper level of communication and builds effective relationships with producers, account teams and carrier partners (underwriters and marketing).
- Keeps up to date on market trends, issues and enhancements relative to Environmental coverages.
- Participates in seminars and other training to broaden knowledge of Environmental Insurance products.
- Communicates and interacts with all levels of management, employees, carriers and clients.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- take initiative;
- Be solution focused and be a change agent for the organization.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and basic math knowledge.
- Must have a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and perform in a dynamic, fast paced environment. .
- High level of organization and the ability to set and recognize priorities required.
- Applied knowledge and skills in the areas of communication, typing/word processing, and interpersonal relations.
- Must have own transportation and ability to attend in-house and external meetings/events as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Science, Risk Management, or similar field.
- P&C Insurance License or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years' experience working as an environmental consultant, environmental broker, or as an environmental underwriter
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top