Account Manager, Employee Health & Benefits - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Troy, MI
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located inTroy, MImay be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Our office in Troyserves the group benefit needs of organizations headquartered in Michigan that employ between 100 and 10,000 workers. We provide innovative and individually tailored cost reduction strategies and tactics in all of the functional elements of group benefit plans.An Account Manager actively manages a book of business to ensure each client's welfare benefit plan needs and goals are met. This involves:
- Actively and effectively managing annual enrollment periods and the implementation of plan changes and coverage transfers
- Providing clients with superior and comprehensive day-to-day account management
- Maintaining superior internal and external communications
- Providing professional and accurate employee communications to clients
- Securing and maintaining current benefit plan documents
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues
- Documenting issues related to clients
- Regularly attending and participating in Account Manager meetings
- Sharing work product with associates and assisting others in the firm
As an Account Manager, all work is closely reviewed with VP or SVPs / assigned Partners to ensure a high quality and timely work product.
- Actively and effectively manages benefit annual enrollment periods and the implementation of plan changes and transfers of coverage.
- Assists with day-to-day service issues and concerns, such as eligibility, claim and billing issues, and the like.
- Tracks a large number of open issues, communicates thoroughly with clients and vendors to ensure a common understanding of each issue, where an issue stands at any given time, and ultimately how each issue is resolved.
- Proactively acts as the key "go to" person for clients when welfare benefit plan issues arise.
- Provides professional and accurate employee communications to clients, such as annual benefit enrollment period newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, benefit summaries, enrollment forms, etc.
- Secures and maintains current and up-to-date benefit plan documents including amendments, Summary Plan Descriptions, policies, etc.
- Thoroughly documents issues so comprehensive client histories are developed and maintained.
- Works well with clients, VP or SVPs, Plan Analysts and others as appropriate, sharing information and communicating clearly and professionally.
- Consults with the VP or SVP and keeps him/her informed of significant concerns and client issues that may arise.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current benefit plan regulations, such as ERISA, COBRA, Section 125/cafeteria plans, etc. so is able to provide sound guidance to clients on these issues.
- Continuously expands working knowledge of welfare benefit plans and regulatory issues by attending meetings, asking questions, researching regulations, attending seminars, etc.
- Regularly participates in the Account Manager department meetings to share information and gather information from other Account Managers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree preferred. A degree in business, human resources, health care administration or other related area is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the welfare benefit plan industry is preferred, working for an employer, insurer/administrator or broker.
- Knowledge of group insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability products) desired.
- Effective public speaking skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to use available resources to research regulatory issues and provide clear, concise and accurate information and guidance to clients.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently and be detailed, organized and resourceful, motivating others inside and outside of the firm to accomplish goals.
- Be professional in both appearance and manner.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred. Experience with Publisher a plus.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Back to top