Account Manager, Employee Health & Benefits
- Raleigh, NC
Marsh & McLennan Agency - Raleigh, NC
Account Manager, Select Market
At Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA), we approach insurance in a different way...and that means a more interesting, exciting, relevant career for you. When you work with MMA, you'll find real opportunities to make people and businesses safer, more secure, and more successful. That's why working with MMA is a career that matters.
- Provides strategic, consultative support to producers, account teams, clients and carriers; assisting with retention of existing accounts
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of market products, including multiple funding methods, and maintains market relationships through negotiations with clients and carriers
- Ability to present data to clients regarding plan renewal and experience
- Supports consultants and works independently with the underwriting analysis of renewals for clients
- Assists clients with federal and state law compliance and interpreting contractual language
- Promotes timely resolution of client issues and provides daily customer service to accounts. Regularly resolves claim, eligibility and billing issues
- Prepares, analyzes and presents client proposals, using cost analysis and preparing meaningful exhibits for purposes of renewal and quarterly reporting.
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential
- Ability to conduct presentations and speak to diverse groups
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High ethical standards and the desire to maintain agency confidentiality
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent career experience required
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience in insurance, customer or financial services. Benefits, Underwriting, Consulting or a combination of those experiences preferred.
- Preferred designations: CEBS, GBA, RHU, REBC, SPHR
- Current Life & Health licensure or ability to obtain within 90 days required
- Travel to various office and client locations required. Must have valid transportation
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
Back to top