Account Manager - Commercial Lines
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Howalt+McDowell, a Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located inSioux Falls, SDmay be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career. Job Summary: Be a client advocate! We are a sales organization that treats each interaction with our client as a way to solidify and improve their view of our value to them. We require our team members to be client focused in a way that delivers the client effective and efficient resolutions to their business risk management needs. Successful individuals in this role will be able to manage multiple priorities efficiently; communicate with clients in a clear and concise fashion; identify issues and implement appropriate resolutions; collaborate with other team members and carrier partners for best practice sharing and to increase knowledge base; understand the holistic commercial lines model and cross sell lines appropriately to mitigate client risks; desire for continuous learning to keep ahead of industry trends; participate in the Howalt+McDowell, a Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA)culture and have fun! Essential Job Functions: Marketing and Maintaining Clients:
- Demonstrate prompt client service that solves client issues effectively.
- Proactively assess the clients program and identify gaps for additional or alternate coverage based on client needs.
- Analyzes, prioritizes and interprets information drawing accurate conclusions with minimal guidelines.
- Proficiently maintain agency management system data for accuracy.
- Maintain knowledge of carrier appetites and capabilities.
- Support carrier relationships with attendance to sessions and quality of work submitted.
Partnership with Howalt+McDowell Team:
- Drive and support agency and departmental goals for retention, upsell and new sales.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness improvements within department and agency.
- Demonstrate the Code of Conduct for the agency. Be a participant in maintaining a strong work environment and culture for team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications: Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that instills good working relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management. Computer proficiency with system of records, web-based tools, and Microsoft programs (Outlook, Excel and Word). Establishes priorities and organizes time efficiently to ensure meeting or exceeding deadlines.
Back to top