Account Manager, Business Insurance
MMA Mid-Atlantic - Greenville, SC
Account Manager, Business Insurance (321-19)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Reviews renewal accounts for upgrade, remarketing, and cross-sell opportunities. Makes professional recommendations to clients and document files. Collects renewal data on accounts and handles other renewal activity in coordination with producers. Has primary responsibility for adhering to renewal timeline per procedure. Orders renewals and checks policies according to agency guidelines. Investigates non-renewals.
- Book of business is small to mid-size accounts.
- Order endorsements as needed. Check all for accuracy.
- Processes ID cards, certificates, binders, billing, non-premium bearing endorsements.
- Provides technical support to producers to clients and to reach agency's strategic business goals.
- Prepares billing as necessary. Uses company direct-bill programs as appropriate. When necessary, prepares check request to remit client payments to insurance companies or brokerages on direct-bill policies.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations, acts to save accounts. Notifies producer as appropriate.
- Informs clients of policy changes, exclusions of coverage and insurance coverage needs. Explains coverages and exclusions to clients. Uses every service contact as opportunity to review and market appropriate coverage.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals, using computerized system and approved formats, as needed.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims. Facilitates prompt response from company staff and, when appropriate, follows up on claims status to keep insureds informed and to work toward settlement of claims.
- Enters direct-bill pre-cancellation notice activity and sends form letter.
- Adheres to agency credit, collection, and remittance policy in regard to agency-billed commercial lines credit clients and direct-bill payments to agency.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Detail Oriented
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Logical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Technology savvy and full proficient in web browser software and Microsoft Office products
- 3-5 years related experience
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Property and Causality license or ability to obtain within 90 days
Back to top