As an Account Manager at Marsh you will act as primary account relationship manager with responsibility for overall account servicing and maintenance. AnAccount Manager builds onclient relationships by analyzing, communicating and eliminating coverage gaps andensuring that a client's risk is being managed in an optimal manner.
- Provides proactive day-to-day client service by anticipating client needs and responding to client questions and issues in a timely manner.
- Gathers information from client related to risk management/commercial needs and evaluates the best way to manage the client's risk.
- Reviews with the client loss experience and current coverage. Recommends appropriate products and services.
- Creates and presents renewal proposals to existing clients. Conducts reviews via telephone on annual basis or as appropriate to identify opportunities to cross sell other lines of coverage.
- Responsible for growth of assigned book of business as well as client retention goals.
- Ensures that all regulatory, compliance and transparency requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years client management experience preferred.
- Possesses a solid understanding of basic insurance principals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Results oriented with the demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects to completion.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a team working in a high visibility client environment. Must be able to work independently.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and strong problem solving skills to resolve customer service and departmental issues.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes.
- Should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet applications.
- Appropriate license must be obtained if necessary for position.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top