Account Executive - Retirement Services - MMA - Troy, MI
- Troy, MI
Career Opportunity: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Account Executive - Retirement Services -MMA - Troy, MI
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Minneapolis, MN may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Marsh & McLennan Agency is looking for an individual who has financial services experience, preferably in the Defined Contribution / 401(k) Plan sector. Our client base is growing rapidly, and we need to bring someone on board who can, within 12-18 months, take on the advisor role to a book of business which includes roughly 15-20 clients. There are extensive compensation growth opportunities with ability to grow the book of business to 25-30 clients. We would utilize the initial 12-18 months to mentor this individual in our proprietary processes and systems, before they are "off and running" with their own book of business.
Successful candidates have possessed the following skills:
- Extremely high desire to provide excellent customer service - someone who thoroughly enjoys keeping clients happy and proactively growing client relationships.
- Investment Advisory knowledge/experience - being able to analyze a fund's metrics, determine if there is reason to make a fund change, and communicate the analysis, recommendation and rationale to a client effectively. We can and will train on this, however some investment experience would be greatly beneficial.
- Workplace humility - someone who can handle a 12-18 month window of "learning the ropes" at our firm, which may initially include lower-level work, including administration items, clerical work, research projects, etc. as you slowly take on the advisory role.
Attention to detail - it's what allows us to be a great advisory firm instead of just a good one. We need someone who isn't satisfied by the first answer they find while researching an issue, someone who will double check their email before sending it to a client, while looking from the client's perspective when preparing for a meeting or thinking of how to respond to a client's question, etc. Outstanding attention to detail differentiates us from our competition and we need our advisors to have that level of attention to detail.
- 3 years of experience in the Financial Services industry or exceptional, demonstrated ability to learn new information quickly
- 2 years of client-facing experience or demonstrable relationship building skills
- Ability to travel up to 1 day a week (potential overnights) to meet with clients; mileage and expenses reimbursed
- Series 6 and 63 securities registration licenses or willingness to obtain during first 6 months
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Back to top