Account Executive, Executive Liability (MMA-NE)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner. Although we are not integrating the businesses with Marsh, we are able to leverage the value of our respective capabilities and intellectual capital in those instances where there is a compelling case for collaboration between MMA and Marsh.
Mid-size companies need a partner they can trust and that can provide additional tools for opportunity and growth. We strive every day to service those needs. We successfully bridge the gap between what the "big firms" offer and the advice, solutions, and programs that smaller businesses require.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
MMA is currently the 12th largest insurance broker in the United States with annualized revenues of approximately $1 billion.
The Senior Account Executive provides direct engagement and support to assigned accounts for an account team. This position's goal is to deliver a strategic engagement in the consultative science of risk and insurance. This position handles and manages all aspects of products and services that constitute Executive and Professional Liability ("XLP") for our clients and insurers. In addition, support of product and market relations for the region and MMA is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports producers in regard to XLP insurance coverages by developing initial and on-going business and consultative relationships with clients, prospective clients and carriers.
- Markets and negotiates new and renewal accounts as assigned. Oversees the marketing process, renewal and new business process for XLP for public, private and non-profit insureds based on the engagement design as directed by the Region.
- Working with Producer/Account Manager to develop a marketing strategy
- Reviewing applications for completeness and following up with Producer/Account Manager or client to obtain necessary information.
- Sending applications to Carriers in accordance with company procedures.
- Receiving and reviewing renewal and new business quotes from carriers, comparing coverages and forms; and negotiating coverages with underwriters
- Prepares proposals and other carrier products
- Binds Coverage with carriers as needed
- Reviews prospects policies and provides appropriate feedback.
- Works closely with MMA Northeast departments to provide quality consultation services and serve as a resource to producers, account managers and clients.
- Handles book of business for XLP public, private and non-profit insureds.
- Receives phone calls from clients and production teams and responds to the request. Advises the account team of any potential issues or questions, as necessary.
- Meets with producers and account teams to discuss issues, and resolve problems.
- Active engagement on claims as appropriate to support our our clients, claims team, and account team.
- Maintains proper level of communication and builds effective relationships with producers, account teams and carrier partners (underwriters and marketing).
- Keeps up to date on market trends, issues and enhancements relative to Executive, Professional and Privacy Liability coverages while sharing appropriate information to the Region.
- Participates in seminars and other training to broaden self and others knowledge of XLP products and issues that exist.
- Builds XLP product opportunity for the Northeast Region while also participating where requested within MMA national initiatives.
- Additional responsibilities as may be assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years' experience working with Executive, Professional and/or Privacy Liability products, whether in an underwriting, adjuster, agent or attorney role. Broker / Agent experience preferred.
- Active P&C Insurance License preferred
- High level of organization and the ability to set and recognize priorities required.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Applied knowledge and skills in the areas of communication, typing/word processing, and interpersonal relations.
- Some travel may be required from time to time.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top