Sr. Manager, Interior Design
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 18 brands you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Design is more than a job. It is a passion. Candidates should have a creative vision and great business savvy to represent and support Marriott’s Modern Essentials and Extended Stay brands to other disciplines and external owners and consultants.
The successful candidate of this position manages all aspects of franchised, managed or corporate interior design services for new construction, conversion, or adaptive re-use, inspiring internal and external stakeholders to create design solutions that thrill guests and align with brand strategy.
- Manages the design and documentation review process for compliance to brand image, quality, and aesthetic appeal.
- Reviews interior design concepts, technical drawing submittals, and FF&E specifications throughout all phases of project development.
- Presents and sells Brand design concepts and strategies to project stakeholders to inspire, educate, guide, and influence design outcomes.
- Works as a collaborative member of a multi-disciplinary, high-volume, deadline oriented design and project management team.
- Track, maintain, and report project data and milestones utilizing a database tool.
- Represents the design team to internal stakeholders, communicating the status of brand pipelines and aggregated project trends, design issues, and owner feedback.
- Partners with other senior managers to support the design leadership team.
- Reviews and approves mock-up rooms.
- Applies design talent to problem solving design exercises to achieve cost efficient results that align with the brand standards and the brand strategy.
- Responsible for documenting, maintaining, administering and improving the processes for delivering services.
- Supervises, directs, mentors, and trains assigned staff and outside consultants as necessary.
- Maintains clear communication with all department management levels and advises/consults on sensitive owner or project issues.
- Assists with quantity take-offs and FF&E bills of materials to support the procurement process
- Potential Travel: US / Canada – 25% travel is anticipated for this position
- Manages time allocation on projects in accordance with specific project budgets, deadlines, and/or direction established by Senior Management.
- Strong problem solving and creative solution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking ability
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as a member of a collaborative team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and resources
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledgeable about innovation and trends
- Understands architecture documents and contract documents
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, scheduling, project and database management software (e.g., Microsoft Project, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe)
- 4-year degree from an accredited interior design program preferred or equivalent work experience within the industry.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the design field, preferably in the hospitality design industry.
- NCIDQ certificate preferred
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Back to top