Senior Manager, Interior Design for Marriott and JW Hotels
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that’s right for you. With more than 4400 properties and 19 brands you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 87 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Provides and manages all aspects of franchised, managed or corporate interior design services for new construction, renovation and conversion projects for hotel brands. Has a strategic goal focus.
- Manages the complete design process and documentation package for interior design of a hotel project brand image of excellence in quality of design and aesthetic appeal.
- Responsible to review and authorize payment for work orders.
- Solicits proposals, negotiates contracts and monitors performance.
- Makes recommendations for development or improvement of processes.
- Reviews and approves mock-up rooms.
- Performs final implementation (punch list) review to ensure compliance with brand concepts and standards.
- Conducts and leads onsite reviews, surveys and meetings with Operations and Owners.
- Assists Design Director in managing project budget, schedule and personnel requirements.
- Represents the division, both internally and externally, in interior design issues.
- Mentors design team members to facilitate professional growth.
- Knowledgeable about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry
- Strong business acumen
- Problem solving & creative solution skills
- Ability to build & maintain strong working relationships
- Customer service focus
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple priorities & resources
- Expert written & verbal communications skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Sales orientation
- Understands architecture documents and contract documents
- Knowledge of FF&E specification software
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, scheduling, project & database mgmt. software (e.g., Microsoft Project, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe)
- 4-year degree from an accredited interior design program preferred, or equivalent work experience within the industry.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the design field, preferably in the hospitality design industry.
- NCIDQ certificate preferred
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Back to top