Senior Manager - Human Resources Compliance
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that’s right for you. With more than 5700 properties and 30 brands you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
As a member of the HR Compliance team, the Senior Manager, HR Compliance will work closely with the team members, including the Sr. Director, HR Compliance to ensure the Company’s compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements governing affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The position partners with Company functional areas and an external vendor to prepare annual Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs) and AAP submissions to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). This position requires subject matter expertise in the area of AA planning and OFCCP audits. Additionally, the position requires ongoing evaluation of the need for process improvements related to the Company’s selection processes and assist with the development of strategies to ensure affirmative action programs meet legal and business requirements.
- Partner with corporate functions, properties and external vendor to ensure the collection and analyses of data in order to 1) prepare compliant AAPs; and 2) respond to OFCCP audits and inquiries.
- Develop training to assist properties with the creation of Action Plans, including best practice outreach efforts and recordkeeping.
- Function as a subject matter expert related to OFCCP compliance. Provide technical guidance and support regarding affirmative action obligations.
- Respond to and solve compliance related business questions.
- Prepare and review all data for submission to OFCCP, including requests for follow up information.
- Manage annual government reporting process (EEO-1/VETS 100 A). Analyze data and business processes to ensure accurate reporting.
- Review responses to state/other surveys related to Company EEO/AA efforts.
- Review, refine and interpret statistical analyses of Company/division/property workforce and transaction data. Provide oversight to team members regarding data analyses.
- Partner with corporate functions to develop processes to enhance Company monitoring, reporting and tracking capabilities.
- Evaluate processes/technology and data to identify gaps and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Provide team members with timely coaching and feedback, and engage in progressive disciplinary processes, when appropriate.
- All other duties and special projects as assigned.
- College degree (Business, Human Resources Management or other related field) required; Advanced degree preferred
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum years seven (7) years substantive and applicable experience working with affirmative action/OFCCP compliance.
- Strong knowledge of talent acquisition processes, applicant tracking systems and overall talent management practices. Stays current with HR, compliance and business trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship building/management skills and experience.
- Prior consulting experience preferred.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong consultative skills; ability to partner effectively with external partners and internal stakeholders to ensure success.
- Able to influence without authority in a matrix organization; drives ideas and effectively address issues guiding others toward the accomplishment of identified goals.
- Collaborates, addresses conflict and resolves issues in a timely and effective manner, always striving to achieve a win/win resolution.
- Strong analytical skills; can quickly analyze situations, clearly articulates what needs to be done.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work tasks in accordance with goals and to make effective use of time in an environment with multiple deadlines and goals. Ability to perform independently with limited supervision.
- Experience in planning, leading and coordinating small and large projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required; strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience interacting effectively as a team member or consultant with all levels of associates.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders.
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions; creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes decisions using data.
- Initiates, implements and supports change within the organization
- Actively seeks learning; enhances personal, professional and business growth through new learning and experiences.
- Maintains a positive attitude and professional demeanor at all times,
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and resources
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Able to travel
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Meet Some of Marriott International's Employees
Director, Portfolio Marketing Strategy & Planning
State-to-state, Cherilyn plans and carries out the Brand, Marketing, Sales, and Consumer Services Team's distinct hotel marketing initiatives—showcasing offerings and building brand presence to reach specific traveler groups across portfolios.
Back to top