Director, Global GM Talent Acquisition - Integration
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that’s right for you. With more than 4400 properties and 19 brands you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 87 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
The Director, Global GM Talent Acquisition works with the Senior Director, Talent Acquisition to provide high quality staffing and consulting services in the global talent acquisition area to meet the objectives for staffing operational general management positions across all brands at the Yellow band level for the America and Continents. As needed, the Director may also provide support for regional positions at the Yellow and Green Band levels. The Director works with regional senior leaders and other business clients to understand their staffing requirements, creating staffing/sourcing strategies in response to these needs. Provides subject matter expertise to functional or regional business units concerning the development of Yellow – Green band job or candidate specifications that will meet the business unit’s needs, as appropriate. Develops and maintains business partner relationships with assigned functional disciplines or regional business units, as appropriate. Develops relationships with minority/women organizations or other sources that result in greater access and richer sources of diverse candidate slates.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT / CANDIDATE PROFILE
Business Context: Expected Contributions – Essential Job Functions
- The Director, Global GM Talent Acquisition works closely with the Sr. Director, Global GM & U.S. Regional Operations TA to provide “thought” leadership for global general management recruiting philosophies and tactics.
- The Director partners with HR leaders and hiring managers across businesses and brands to support the overall mission of general management recruiting and recruiting services.
- Provides consultative leadership to and drives continuous process improvement for the Americas, including CALA and Canada, and across Brands, as needed, in all aspects of general management recruitment.
- Conducts intake session with hiring manager and HR leader to ensure all stakeholders are aligned on GM staffing assignment.
- Manages the full lifecycle recruitment process including intake, sourcing, screening, and interviewing applicants. Also partners with Compensation to develop competitive and equitable compensation recommendations.
- Develops critical relationships and partnerships with market and regional leadership as well as corporate COEs.
- Provides input to update enterprise wide policies related to general management talent acquisition.
- Works directly with HR Change Management/Communications to ensure new policies, processes, tools, etc. are communicated to the end users in an accurate and timely manner.
- Consults with Sr. Director and other TA VPs when writing policies and procedures related to general management staffing, recruitment and assessment (Yellow Band)
- Designs and helps to design and develop Talent Acquisition related processes pertinent to GM staffing.
- Proactively audits internal SLAs for GM staffing.
- Reviews and analyzes customer satisfaction survey results. Identifies trends in feedback and provides follow up for issue resolution and/or appropriate communication to the businesses.
- Coordinates with other HR work streams, as needed, for planning, design and development of policies and practices.
- At least 5 years of HR experience.
- Experience in an exempt managerial role as an HR specialist (staffing, development, organizational effectiveness, etc) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years management recruiting experience required. Experience recruiting for senior level positions preferred.
Skills / Attributes
- Possesses leadership presence and professional demeanor; a leader who collaborates and resolves issues; influences without authority
- Is a team player with credibility who works with a high degree of independence
- Is results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure; persistent-- drives ideas
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions; creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes decisions using data
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Initiates, implements and supports change within the organization; is proactive in removing barriers or accelerating its pace
- Strong mediation skills to facilitate a constructive approach to deal with conflict
- Quickly builds rapport and trust to influence stakeholders, vendors and project teams; sells ideas persuasively, settling differences and winning concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful while remaining diplomatic.
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times, especially if strategy and process improvement recommendations are met with resistance and disagreement; effective at addressing difficult issues and guiding others toward the accomplishment of identified goals.
- Knows “mechanics” of applicant tracking system(s) (both hourly and management); computer literate (sound understanding of databases and supporting systems)
- Develops and delivers presentations
- Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Stays current with HR trends and best practices.
- High degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Integrates and balances priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Active learner -- enhances personal, professional and business growth through new knowledge and experiences; pushes the organization to learn from other industries’ standards and practices.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent HR experience required.
- Graduate degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Back to top