Architectural Design Manager
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 18 brands you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
Specific Job Summary
Provide content leadership on projects, which include managed, franchised and company-owned hotels, to ensure quality control, brand compliance, operational acceptability and adherence.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Provide conceptual design studies and sketch plans.
- Supervise, direct, motivate and train assigned staff.
- Seek methods to improve processes.
- Provide information, interpretation and guidance to outside owners as well as internal design and construction staff for adapting Brand standards to specific projects.
- Assist in negotiation and implementation of design changes subsequent to project approval for all projects and track changes to projects in database.
- Research, identify, negotiate and contract outsource professional consultants as well as temporary consultants on a project basis.
- Train employees and outside consultants.
- Coordinate and review outside consultant their proposals, contracts and invoicing.
- Report status of projects to supervisor on a regular basis.
- Contribute and assist in maintenance and improvement of brand standards.
- Represent department both externally and internally.
- Assist in negotiation and implementation of design and design changes subsequent to project approval for all projects.
Specific Candidate Profile
- 4 year undergraduate degree in Architecture or related design discipline.
- Minimum 8 years experience preferably in hospitality.
- Architectural license preferred.
- Knowledgeable about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry
- Strong business acumen
- Problem solving & creative solution skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Customer service skills
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, engineering and mechanical drawings Multiple project management skills
Proficient in using Microsoft Office, scheduling, project & database mgmt. software (e.g., Microsoft Project, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Back to top