- Oakland, CA
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are seeking a web developer to build & improve front-end web functionality for our company website www.Marqeta.com. The right person for this role has experience building world class modern B2B websites that explain complex products in an elegant, simple & visual way. You will influence our web tech stack infrastructure strategy to improve operational efficiencies focused on quality & speed. You will constantly improve site content, performance & conversion rates. You are a master at collaborating across Marketing, Design, QA & Engineering. You can implement quality responsive designs in a fast paced environment. This role is a critical core part of our growing Web Squad team within Marketing.
You are an intellectual super-power with an awesome attitude, inquisitive mind and a strong desire to work with the incredibly smart people who are enabling our extraordinary growth. If you join the Marqeta team, you will be an integral part of this very fast growing technology company with a one-of-a-kind culture. We are devoted to providing meaningful career experiences through challenging work, collaborative partnerships, and ongoing development.
- Build, update & improve all www.Marqeta.com web pages in Wordpress as our business grows & evolves over time
- Ability to develop modern cutting edge landing pages & animations that explain complex payment products in simple visual stories to inspire users
- Assist with web infrastructure tech stack improvements including DNS routing, SEO & web hosting to create developer efficiencies, remove tech debt & increase site performance
- Partner closely with Marketing, Design, QA & Engineering to build new pages & update content
- Build responsive web functionality across all browsers & devices
- Always adopt the latest web best practices & technology with a learning mindset
- Constantly improve site performance load times to be world class
- Implement engineering processes improvements to increase efficiency & quality
- Thrives working in a culture of constant learning, testing, improvement & rapid growth
- 4+ years of B2B web development experience with a focus on Wordpress or other similar CMS templates. Experience with Divi theme builder is a plus.
- Expert at launching a high volume of pages optimized for SEO & comfortable managing frequent ongoing updates
- Can implement world class responsive designs across all browsers/devices using Sketch/Zeplin design files
- Experience working on web infrastructure DNS routing (Nginx, Fastly etc.) & web hosting (Pantheon)
- Familiar working with QA devs on testing automation to ensure all pages are optimized across all browsers/devices
- Proven success in web performance, SEO & conversion rate optimization
- Experience working closely with Marketing, Design, QA & Engineering teams
- Comfortable with Relational Databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- Solid understanding of development life cycle and Git workflows
- Has experience working with JSON RESTful APIs
- Has proficiency working in a Linux environment
- Has familiarity with agile software development methodologies & sprint planning project management tools such as Wrike
- Commitment to quality, great communication skills and highly self-motivated
- Can accurately scope projects to provide timeline estimates & deliver projects on time with high quality
- Always writes tests & has excellent debugging skills
- Once back in the office after COVID-19, ability to work in the Oakland headquarters is desired but not required
Bonus Points For:
- Payments experience is a plus but not required
- Fluent in Ruby and excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails; if lacking, demonstrate why you're a quick study
- Knowledgeable in React or similar front-end frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- An active GitHub repository
- Experience working with Docker/containerization
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Back to top