Sr. Stock Administrator
- Oakland, CA
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and proactive individual to join our Corporate Legal team as a Sr. Stock Administrator. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to support the administration of our global equity programs while contributing to the development of a dynamic and growing team. We're expecting you to bring your previous global Stock Administration experience and your passion for excellent customer service to all levels of equity participants as we scale to new heights.
Our team is a very collaborative one (we love partnering together), and you'll also have an opportunity to work cross-functionally with Payroll, People Operations and the Finance team. We're looking for someone with a positive outlook and a strong work ethic to ensure database integrity, as well as the accuracy of employee equity and demographic records.
- Capable of administering all equity transactions, including processing stock option exercises, restricted stock releases, granting of new equity awards, and coaching of team members on these activities
- Owning global tax, payroll and compliance reporting and creating new processes that both automate and scale our global equity reporting
- Owning equity award reconciliation activity among the Company’s records, the broker’s records, and a transfer agent on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring SOX compliance while working with internal and external auditors and our global Finance team for quarterly reviews and year-end audits
- Developing equity education materials and other employee communications and assisting with the delivery of employee education programs
- Implementing and improving processes for day-to-day operations related to stock administration
- You have 8+ years of experience in the field of equity administration (mixture private/public company)
- Experience preparing employee communications
- Experience with equity administration systems (e.g. ETrade, Charles Schwab, or Fidelity, and Carta preferred)
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and general knowledge of global taxation
- Some exposure to, and understanding of accounting standards relating to equity compensation
- Excellent analytical capabilities, organizational skills, and dedication to getting the details just right
- Strong with Excel, including formulas and modeling
- Knowledge of HR reporting and information systems
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- High touch employee service orientation
- A great sense of humor
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Back to top