Sr. Product Manager, Digital Banks
- Oakland, CA
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solve challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all the job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Join Marqeta’s Digital Banking team and help us transform payments and banking. Our modern platform and open API enables custom configurations of digital banking features that deliver the speed and agility that digital-first banks and fintechs need to diversify and scale in this dynamic sector.
In this role, you would own the product development and commercialization of new account features such as card-to-card payments, mobile check deposit, and transaction risk controls. This involves the full product life-cycle from ideation to development to launch. Your success would drive utility of our core banking offering and ensure the banking innovators building upon our platform can provide their customers with 24/7 access to their funds and next-gen banking experiences.
Who We’re Looking For:
- You have a track record of shipping (success and failures, alike) -- and have a history of driving customer and business impact.
- You are a learner, scrappy, and thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- You naturally build relationships cross-functionally and externally, with an innate desire to find ways to partner and create win-wins.
- You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic vision, and commitment to owning products all the way from ideation to post-launch.
- You have experience developing software or products that were designed for a technical customer.
- You have experience commercializing product -- which includes partnering cross-functionally to build product pricing, reporting and metrics dashboards, communication strategies, API documentation developer guides, and internal training documentation.
You might be a little obsessed with the future of payments and commerce, and the digital transformation of the banking industry.
- Create and manage product roadmaps and strategy. Prioritize features and develop appropriate phasing and roll-out plans.
- Collaborate with revenue, operations, and partnerships teams to gain inputs to assess market opportunity, customer demand and impact, to build business cases and drive priority of product features.
- Collaborate with Design and Engineering to create prototypes, UI mock-ups, product flows, personas and use cases, and functional requirements for any given product or feature development effort.
- Track and analyze metrics to provide recommendations on product enhancements
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Own the feature set and act as the product evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Collaborate with product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training and sales tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan
- 5+ years experience as a product manager or equivalent experience successfully shipping or deploying payments solutions
- Understanding of technologies and products required to bring global payments solutions to market at scale, including experience with funds and data flows
- Ability to drive for results cross-functionally and influence others within the company, in our partner ecosystem and in the field with customers
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Strong understanding of agile product development, delivery and tools
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
- A Bachelor's degree in a related filed
Bonus points for
- Experience with real time payments, ACH or other money movement capabilities
- Experience with payments risk strategy and implementation
- Past experience building Fintech products or incredible DX
- Experience building SaaS platform services
- Trained Design-Thinker and strategist
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Back to top