Senior Web Designer
- Oakland, CA
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Design at Marqeta
Marqeta is a fast-paced technology company experiencing significant growth and expansion. We have a rapidly growing design culture that is heavily involved in strategic decisions, design thinking for process, and of course constantly evolving the aesthetic used to explain who we are and what we do.
We have a complex product offering of cutting edge technology and industry shaping solutions. Our vision is to have our marketing, design & website match that level of quality and capability through exceptional visual representation that simultaneously succeeding at informing, engaging, educating and delighting our users.
Marqeta is aggressively updating and upgrading our brand identity, and 2021 is going to be an exciting year. With new versions of our website, our Platform UI and application interfaces, and all new graphical and video based marketing efforts, our goal is to elevate our customers' (and potential customer’s) experiences in ways that very few technology companies have been able to achieve. All of our design materials will need to be cohesive, engaging and uphold our brand message and style.
From thoughtful and engaging website graphics, to intuitive iconography to compositions of photography and illustration, design helps tell the story and guide the user. Our designs help explain complex subject matter, as well as providing a clear understanding of our professionalism and attention to detail.
We are looking for a progressive, talented digital designer to help produce these exceptional experiences and add their vision to the team, bringing their unique style to what Marqeta will look like in 2021 and beyond. Someone who can create a variety of graphics and is a problem solver when it comes to tackling the challenges of a design project. A person who loves the technical and the artistic equally and mixes communication and style to bring visual experiences to life.
You are a passionate and creative visual designer with experience collaborating with sales, marketing and engineering stakeholders to communicate their message to a variety of audiences in a way that is effective and visually pleasing.
You are skilled at thinking about the overarching design patterns while making decisions about the task at hand. You seek to create efficiency and scalability of your designs while diving into the creativity.
- Design cross-platform web experiences using responsive, digital-first principles to communicate with the broadest audience possible
- Own the creation of web experiences from wireframe to asset output with a focus on the UX and the conversion goals of the page
- Communicate the value and functionality of the Marqeta Platform in design, icons, typography, color, and illustration
- Strategize and design for high-profile customers in product marketing campaigns and presentations
- Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines for the Marqeta brand
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Help shape the strategic vision and goals for the Marqeta design team
- Partner with product designers to define the visual design strategy for a product area and work with other leads and cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Work with overseas partner teams to maintain our visual design quality across international campaigns and websites
- 6+ years experience working as a Web/UI Designer with strong digital-first design principles and knowledge of web best practices
- Wireframing, rapid prototyping and site architecture design experience to allow you to think of pages holistically and plan user navigation and interaction
- A deep understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion, but also skilled in multiple disciplines across design
- Solid knowledge of the creative and web development process
- Mastery of your design skill to allow you to work in a fast paced environment
- You love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
- Skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Excellent organization and presentation skills to structure your files and layers in a way that can be easily understood and modified by others
- You are a problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a design system; its curation, maintenance, and dissemination
- Proactivity, positive attitude, and impeccable integrity are essential.
- A link to your online portfolio with recent work
- Examples of your work process, wireframing, planning, etc.
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why a job at Marqeta is interesting to you.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Back to top