Country Manager, Australia and New Zealand
- Oakland, CA
Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is looking for a strategic and hands-on business leader who will build our growth in Australia. Specifically, this position will be responsible for managing existing customers, identifying and acquiring new opportunities, and developing Marqeta’s growth plans, including a GTM strategy for Australia and New Zealand. Over time, this leader will build a strong Business Development, Customer Success and Partnership teams as well as customer-facing onboarding and partner management teams to support in-region customers and growth.
- Develop and implement a country-specific strategic business plan to grow Marqeta’s customer base and scale business operations to establish and expand Marqeta’s presence in Australia and New Zealand
- Build and maintain in-country sales and revenue by identifying and closing new customers and proactively supporting and growing existing customers
- Identify market opportunities and shifts while fully understanding Marqeta’s product roadmap
- Closely collaborate with HQ teams (Revenue, Marketing, Product, Program Management, and HR) on GTM strategy
- Build and manage local team to support the growth of the Australia and New Zealand business
- In collaboration with HQ partners develop and execute onboarding processes to ensure we are meeting the needs of our customer programs
- Identify and build key internal and external partnerships
- Experience in payments industry
- 7+ years of experience, including building out Business Development and Customer Success teams
- Strong understanding of the Australian payments landscape with proven history of deal and partnership sales
- Strategic and transactional sales experience and personal history of consistent over-achievement on quota or revenue goals
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Back to top