Data Alignment Analyst
Market Track is a high-growth data and analytics company providing advertising, promotions, eCommerce, brand protection, and pricing insights to retailers and consumable/durable brand manufacturers.
Market Track is currently seeking a Data Integration Analyst whose role is key to the Product Development organization. The Data Integration Analyst is primarily responsible for data cleansing/mapping and the integration of Market Track’s data with other client and third-party datasets for use in our client facing applications.
The Data Integration Analyst will engage in many projects including:
- Defining business rules for mapping data
- Aligning data to common hierarchies and data definitions
- Researching third-party data sources
- Grouping data into aggregates, and
- Developing processes and tools to manage the integrated data on an ongoing basis.
The types of data involved in these projects consists of brands/products, UPC codes, promotional offers and pricing, sales data, shopper & consumer data, and meta-data (retailers, markets, geographies, and media types). While the focus of the position is not-client facing, the Data Integration Analyst will engage in client interaction to determine business rules for data alignment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain data alignment files from multiple data sources per client specifications
- Work across internal and external contacts to understand and interpret the data sources as required
- Work independently, consistently meeting agreed upon deadlines with high levels of quality
- Assist sales teams in scoping new projects using previously defined metrics and understanding of work complexity
- Provide open and consistent communication to other internal teams regarding timelines, hurdles, and project status
- Gain expert knowledge in Market Track’s client facing platforms
- Lead the QA/QC process across the integrated data sets
- Provide feedback to internal teams on how to improve current processes and tools
Successful Data Integration Analysts will be self-motivated, critical thinkers, detail oriented, and aggressive seekers of knowledge that will improve their ability to deliver impactful advice and innovative new tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in data extraction, manipulation, modeling, or analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. - vlookups, pivot tables, macros, etc…)
- Knowledge of “R”, and/or other database management software, is a plus but is not required
- Strong understanding of US retailer stores that sell CPG/Grocery items
This position is based in our Chicago, IL office and reports to the Product Development Manager.
Meet Some of Market Track's Employees
Senior Account Executive
James manages Market Track’s strategic partnerships by supporting software suite trainings and offering advice on additional tools that can benefit a business.
Back to top