Data Alignment Analyst
Market Track is a high-growth data and analytics company providing advertising, promotions, eCommerce, brand protection, and pricing insights to retailers and consumable/durable brand manufacturers.
Market Track is currently seeking a Data Integration Analyst whose role is key to the Product Development organization. The Data Integration Analyst is primarily responsible for data cleansing/mapping and the integration of Market Track’s data with other client and third-party datasets for use in our client facing applications.
The Data Integration Analyst will engage in many projects including:
- Defining business rules for mapping data
- Aligning data to common hierarchies and data definitions
- Researching third-party data sources
- Grouping data into aggregates, and
- Developing processes and tools to manage the integrated data on an ongoing basis.
The types of data involved in these projects consists of brands/products, UPC codes, promotional offers and pricing, sales data, shopper & consumer data, and meta-data (retailers, markets, geographies, and media types). While the focus of the position is not-client facing, the Data Integration Analyst will engage in client interaction to determine business rules for data alignment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain data alignment files from multiple data sources per client specifications
- Work across internal and external contacts to understand and interpret the data sources as required
- Work independently, consistently meeting agreed upon deadlines with high levels of quality
- Assist sales teams in scoping new projects using previously defined metrics and understanding of work complexity
- Provide open and consistent communication to other internal teams regarding timelines, hurdles, and project status
- Gain expert knowledge in Market Track’s client facing platforms
- Lead the QA/QC process across the integrated data sets
- Provide feedback to internal teams on how to improve current processes and tools
Successful Data Integration Analysts will be self-motivated, critical thinkers, detail oriented, and aggressive seekers of knowledge that will improve their ability to deliver impactful advice and innovative new tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in data extraction, manipulation, modeling, or analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. - vlookups, pivot tables, macros, etc…)
- Knowledge of “R”, and/or other database management software, is a plus but is not required
- Strong understanding of US retailer stores that sell CPG/Grocery items
This position is based in our Chicago, IL office and reports to the Product Development Manager.
Meet Some of Market Track's Employees
Kady oversees the day-to-day tasks of Market Track account management, assisting clients with any issues they’re experiencing and attending to renewals and other opportunities for overall growth.
Back to top