Technical Support Engineer
Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Marketo is looking for a Technical Support Engineer (Technical Account Manager) for a portfolio of customers, becoming their trusted technical advisor and ensuring that they get the most out of their investment in the Premier Support service. You will manage the delivery of technical support for your assigned customers and the resolution of issues. You will also act as a subject matter expert to analyze a customers' business requirements and map them to the Marketo application, providing expert knowledge and technical best practices on how to configure, maintain and manage their implementation driving their success with the Marketo Application
This role sits in our Denver office and reports to our Senior Manager, Customer Support.
What will you do?
- Manage your Premier Support accounts to ensure case management, SLA and C-SAT goals are met
- Ensure prompt and complete resolution of technical challenges and business issues, drive other teams as required and set customer expectations
- Advocate customers' priorities internally within Marketo
- Establish strong relationships with Product Management, Education, Engineering & Operations
- Proactively identify and implement application solutions and enhancements
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), in specific functional and technical areas of the Marketo technology
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records in our case tracking system
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support and contribute to the knowledge base
- File enhancement requests and work with product management to translate business needs to product requirements
- Drive the achievement of renewal for Premier Support customers' subscriptions
Is this you?
- BA/BS Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of progressive experience diagnosing and resolving problems in complex software environment.
- Previous experience managing internal or external stakeholders in a support or project management capacity
- Technical Support or implementation experience, supporting enterprise software solutions, ideally Marketing Automation, CRM, PRM, or SFA applications ideally in a SaaS environment
- Excellent organizational skills -ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task and execute projects cross-functionally
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and demonstrated ability to communicate/present effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive level.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We've been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our growing Denver office is in the heart of downtown featuring a spectacular view of the city and mountains and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer
Skills & Requirements Qualifications
Back to top