Technical Product Manager, CC Extensibility Platform
We're hiring a Technical Product Manager to join the Unified Extensibility Platform Team (UXP), where we create technologies that power multi-platform feature development and 3rd party plugins in all of Adobe's creative applications - from Photoshop to Adobe XD.
As a part of the UXP team, your work will impact the creative world on a daily basis. You'll play a key role in improving the lives of millions of creatives and the industry through the many Creative Cloud products used around the world. Our talented team of designers, developers, and product managers work hand-in-hand to create consistent experiences across dozens of products.
We're looking for a product leader who possesses a unique blend of customer empathy, technical depth, and business savvy to help build the foundational, multi-platform runtime that powers both first and third-party features in Adobe's creative applications. You'll engage with internal Product and Engineering teams spanning the Creative Cloud organization in order to collect and prioritize platform capabilities, from UI layout engines to next-gen Machine Learning pipelines. You'll work closely with Engineering leadership to mature the platform architecture and help product teams, like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, deliver a common API model for cross-application plugins. You'll also work with Developer Experience teams and Product leadership to deliver an amazing developer experience for customers of the platform, inside Adobe and out.This is an amazing opportunity to join a team that's helping shape both the foundations of and the future technology driving Adobe's creative products.
What you'll do
- Build a deep understanding of our apps UI frameworks and their underlying platform implementations.
- Define UXP APIs that developers will use and the behavior of those APIs, how they compare to JS and browser APIs.
- Own your feature areas end-to-end, maintaining a prioritized backlog of epics, stories and tasks with well defined DoDs.
- Communicate the business value and impact of prioritization decisions for the platform.
- Help drive adoption of the platform by internal and external developers.
- Drive feature prioritization and detailed product definitions for the UXP platform across various engineering teams.
- Define and maintain a platform roadmap with inputs from all stakeholders, including product, engineering, design, field, and GTM teams.
- Communicate written and verbal updates on the product roadmap and key initiatives to senior leadership and stakeholders.
This position can be based in Adobe's San Jose, or New York City locations.
What you need to succeed
- A passion for working with developers, learning about new technologies, and evangelizing awesome developer tools.
- Experience building shared Libraries/SDKs/Frameworks.
- Deep understanding of web standards in the browser - DOM, CSS, SVG
- 3+ years technical product management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Developer Relations experience is a plus.
- Understanding of neural networks, machine learning is a plus.
- Experience with native mobile app development (iOS or Android) is a plus.
- Experience working with tiered customer levels (internal and external developer teams) is a plus.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top