Staff Software Engineer - Performance Team
Who are we?
At Marketo, an Adobe company, we are creating the world's leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments.
Marketo is looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer who is a full stack engineer with a leaning towards back-end (experienced in modern Java or Scala frameworks) and a strong background and inclination for building and improving performance. This is a technical lead position so having amazing ideas and vision is required. Being able to orchestrate performance environments, set standards for performance tests and work with teams around the company to understand their own performance issues is all in a day's work.
This role sits in our Portland office.
What do you have?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+years of total experience in SaaS environments with experience with many of the following:
- Performance testing frameworks such as Selenium, JMeter, Taurus, Locust, Gatling, or homegrown
- Functional programming paradigms, immutable data structures
- WebSockets/Socket.io and Node.js
- PHP and PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
- Relational data store experience such as MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL/Azure SQL, Postgres
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Akka, other messaging queues
- Query optimization and database tuning concepts
- Data modeling, persistence technologies, and concepts
- NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Common open-source application/web servers like Tomcat, Node.js, Nginx, Apache
- Docker or other container orchestration packages
- Software code version control systems (Git preferred)
- Building enterprise-grade RESTful microservices
- Java and frameworks such as Spring (or equivalent)
Is this you?
We're looking for someone that enjoys and excels at:
- Performing the role of team technical and thought leader, plotting a strategic course in technical directions
- Assisting product managers with remediation prioritization through performance data-driven decisions
- Building high-performance solutions, and helping others do so as well
- Trouble-shooting complex software problems
- Agile, Scrum and Test-driven development
- Designing and developing large-scale Web applications with high availability and reliability
- Communicating with others verbally and through writing
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top