Sr Technical Program Manager
- San Jose, CA
The Document Cloud organization is looking for an experienced, passionate, and results-oriented Sr Program Manager to drive the development and evolution of how people engage with documents. The role requires an individual with excellent project management abilities and an outstanding track record of delivering results. The candidate must have exemplary presentation skills, bring attention to detail and possess a strong ability to influence without authority. This person will work closely with the product teams on developing and leading the standard methodologies practices to guide the product organization through various stages of the development lifecycle.
This role is the central resource for design, process, test, quality as the various offerings and capabilities move to production and distribution. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of an offering's lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the capabilities or offering.
The role also will serve as Agile development expert, coaching teams on the best Agile practices and contributing to establishing strong Agile framework within the organization. The Sr Program Manager will build project timelines including preparing for and driving strategic landmark reviews. This role must have an in-depth understanding of problem solving and evaluate factors required and recognizing when scope of the solution may go beyond the immediate project or initiative.
- Drive strategic and tactical decisions to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Closely partner across project, product and discipline boundaries, working with service, marketing, business, engineering and product teams to manage dependencies, define schedules, plans, and drive alignment.
- Drive projects and coordinate inter-dependencies across product teams from delivery to plan.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering regarding product definition, project timeline, feature scope, commitments and project-related decisions.
- Be a change agent: Identifying and implementing ways to improve processes and remove bottlenecks to systemically improve how we deliver value to our customers.
- Effectively handle change and risk, collaborating with your colleagues to ensure the right decisions are made at the right time, appropriate communication occurs, and plans are intelligently adjusted to reflect necessary fluctuations in goals and requirements.
- Run status and reporting to provide project clarity and visibility to various levels in the organization and partners.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures. Make recommendations and drive process improvement and adoption of standard methodologies (processes, tools, etc.) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be an agile coach and mentor: Participating in daily agile activities and acting as a trusted advisor to support teams to increase their efficiency and productivity and ensuring the right features are designed and delivered on time with the highest quality.
- Partner with 3rd party developers to extend the development ecosystem and build and execute on comprehensive roadmap involving both internal and external development teams.
- Minimum of 5 yrs' exp within a program manager role in software, SaaS and/or related industry. A combined history of product management, development or quality engineering work and customer support experience is ideal.
- BA/BS Required
- Solid ability to work successfully with highly technical engineering teams, with previous experience of helping them deliver against a backlog
- Shown ability to provide structure and necessary process without compromising execution or the needs of the team, customer or product.
- Experience with development methodologies and tactics for roadmap, backlog and development management are required. Agile, Scrum, and/or other iterative development methodologies preferred.
- Customer focus and ability to use intuition, customer input and data to rapidly test and validate products and features.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
- Experience managing projects with remote/geographically dispersed team members
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top