Sr. Software Engineer, ACTV
TubeMogul, now part of the Adobe family, is a leader in video advertising enabling brands and agencies to plan and buy video advertising across desktops, mobile, streaming devices and TVs. TubeMogul officially joined Adobe in December 2016. The combination of Adobe and TubeMogul will create the first end-to-end independent advertising and data management solution that spans traditional TV and digital formats, simplifying what has been a complex and fragmented process for the world's biggest brands. The planned integration with Adobe Audience Manager will allow marketers to unify audience planning and media buying for video advertising.
About the role:
This role is part of the PTV engineering team that designs, builds and maintains Adobe's programmatic TV platform for planning, buying and reporting TV advertising. As part of the Adobe Ad Cloud, the PTV infrastructure is comprised of UI applications, REST APIs, data pipelines and asynchronous workloads. Deployed on a cloud infrastructure, the TV platform uses a Java application stack along with additional technologies including Hive, Elasticsearch, Hazelcast, Memcached, Aerospike, and MySQL.
What you will do
- Design, build and maintain core TV planning models and algorithms that align with feature requirements and constantly improve and refine accuracy.
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable data pipelines to ingest and process TV audience and viewership data daily from several sources.
- Use various data storage facilities to support data access patterns (e.g. relational DBs, in-memory caches, Elasticsearch).
- Design, develop and maintain APIs to expose core data to PTV planning, ordering and reporting systems.
- Develop tools and processes to guarantee data integrity and accuracy from data source to API.
- Design and plan core infrastructure improvements to meet performance and scalability requirements.
- Use and promote software engineering standard methodologies across the team.
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelors /Masters degree in CS or related field
- Authoritative level Java/OOP development experience (5+ years)
- Experience with big data pipeline tools and techniques
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and data modeling
- Proven Linux/Unix skills
- Experience with configuration and infrastructure management tools such as Puppet and Terraform
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top