Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
The Reliability Engineering team within Cloud Technology Organization has an exciting and challenging mission: Build, deploy, operate, scale and maintain cloud platforms for customer facing Adobe SaaS solutions used by billions of users worldwide. Adobe needs a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who knows how to balance going fast and going big with operating safely. Our mission is to progress, protect, and provide for the software and systems behind all Adobe's cloud services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. SRE is a mindset of engineering approaches which focuses on building the highly reliable systems and eliminate work through automation.
We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. Strong candidates will have experience with both. The engineer role within SRE is at the heart of fulfilling SRE's mission: build highly reliable, scalable & measurable customer experience for the continued growth of Adobe's infrastructure.
Areas of Responsibility
• Ensure the highest level of uptime and Quality of Service (QoS) to Adobe's customers through operational excellence
• Define service level objectives (SLOs) and service level indicators (SLIs) to represent and measure service quality
• Embed with product teams (physically and/or virtually) to foster strong collaboration/partnership
• Identify areas to improve service resiliency through techniques such as chaos engineering, performance/load testing, EDA (Event Driven Automation), RPA (Robotic Process Automation), AI/ML techniques etc.
• Support and maintain globally distributed, multi-cloud (public and/or private), cloud-scale environments
• Automate common, repeatable tasks at large scale to streamline operational procedures
• Design and maintain production monitoring systems
• Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools
• Evaluate and manage application and environment security
• Follow change management processes during implementations
• Use and maintain version control for application infrastructure
• Work in a diverse and global team environment
• Cross-train with other global team members
• Participate in an on-call rotation as required
• Determine root-cause for all production level incidents and write corresponding high-quality RCA reports
• Embrace the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) mindset
What you will bring
• 10+ years of experience building very highly available and distributed systems. At least, 5 years of this should be production level experience with reliable and secure cloud scale infrastructure (AWS and/or Azure)
• Experience in one (and preferably more) of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
• Good knowledge of containerization and their orchestration engines such as Kubernetes/Mesos
• Strong knowledge of operating systems, algorithms and software engineering (SDLC) practices
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top