Sr. Research Scientist, Machine Learning and Data Mining
- San Jose, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management, synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe
The Data Science Lab (DSL) at Adobe Research, San Jose, is looking to hire a senior researcher scientist in the broad area of machine learning and data mining. We are specifically looking for established researchers who can amplify our ongoing research and bring additional strength in the broad areas of optimization, game theory, sketching and streaming algorithms, causal inference, and imagination-based AI. DSL has an excellent publication record with dozens of papers at top-tier machine learning and AI conferences and journals in recent years.
With more than 170 world-class research scientists and engineers, Adobe Research blends cutting-edge academic discovery with industry impact. Our scientists are provided with the resources, support, and freedom to shape their ideas into innovative technologies. They collaborate with colleagues at over fifty universities, often presenting their work at top-tier international conferences. Many of our researchers' discoveries are incorporated into Adobe's products, building the company's reputation as a pioneer in content and data intelligence.
Adobe is one of the largest software companies in the world, and a market leader in three major areas: Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Spark etc.), Document Cloud (PDF and related software), and the Digital Experience Cloud (including Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Analytics, Target, and Campaign). Adobe Experience Cloud (http://www.adobe.com/experience-cloud.html) is one of the largest data collection platforms in the world, managing the content, customer intelligence, and digital marketing for most Fortune 500 companies. Adobe Digital Experience cloud processes trillions of transactions per year, involving hundreds of petabytes of data, and offers unparalleled opportunities for exploring web scale solutions for AI and machine learning.
- Help drive the technical agenda in several critical areas, including high-dimensional machine learning and statistics, optimization, causal inference, and imagination-based AI.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership across multiple teams, by understanding the technical space deeply enough to help guide corporate strategy or business unit strategy, or by providing innovations that fuel the growth of Adobe.
- Be able to lead cross functional working groups or initiatives or provide consulting/advice to other departments or groups within the company
- Partner with the already existing research teams at Adobe, including world class experts in computer vision, deep learning, NLP, graphics, and HCI
- Provide critical analysis of issues for continuous improvement of technology, process and team productivity
- Act as an industry evangelist, internally and externally. Engage with the research community at large, including university collaborations, intern recruiting and mentorship, and publishing and participation in top-tier conferences.
- Five or more years of experience and a PhD in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or related field
- Prior experience in the development of current or future products or technologies
- Recognized by peers in industry, academia or the research community
- Recognized technical expertise includes but not limited to publications, editorial and advisory boards, conference/symposium presentations, patents, professional peer recognition and strategically important developments, innovations, or technical contributions
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and coaching interns, and junior technical contributors.
The application should include a brief description of the applicant's research interests and experience, plus a CV that contains the degrees, relevant publications, names and the contact information of references, and other relevant documents.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top