Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
As a key team member of the Risk Advisory & Assurance Services (" RAAS") team at Adobe, the Senior Internal Auditor is expected to participate in all aspects of planning, execution, and reporting for integrated audits that address a combination of operational, financial, and technology objectives. You will have the unique opportunity to gain broad exposure to the operations of the company and build close partnerships across the entire organization!
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of financial/operational and technology audit experience. The role requires in-depth understanding of key business processes (order to cash, procure to pay, financial close, hire to pay, equity, etc.) and proficiency in identifying and auditing system and technology risks, together with financial and operational risks.
The position is based in San Jose, CA, and will report to the Sr. Manager, Risk Advisory & Assurance Services.
What you'll Do
- Independently lead and execute integrated audits applying a top-down, risk-based approach to assess risks for key business and finance processes.
- Identify, evaluate, and document the design and effectiveness of the company's internal controls looking for both control gaps and opportunities to gain process efficiencies.
- Execute audit tests competently and with minimal or no supervision; identify internal control issues/exceptions and ensure they are well-defined, root causes analyzed, discussed, and agreed with management.
- Communicate review results to management along with process improvement recommendations.
- Prepare reports/presentations summarizing results of testing along with the proper disposition of test exceptions.
- Perform quarterly follow-up on outstanding management actions from past projects.
- Provide consultation on risks and controls for advisory engagements.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of audit work, and adherence to department and professional standards for audits.
- Document risk assessments, work papers, and audit findings in accordance with work paper documentation standards; and demonstrate proficient use of automated work papers and other departmental/company tools.
- Continuously seek opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Manage multiple priorities/projects for on-time delivery.
- Build positive working relationships with various Finance, Accounting & Operations groups acting in both an audit and advisory role for various projects.
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members.
- Participate in and support other department initiatives as needed.
- This position requires the willingness and ability to travel (domestic and international) approximately 25%.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or equivalent certification preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of audit experience with an accounting firm or in an internal audit role at a large global public company or finance environment or a combination thereof.
- Experience in the technology services industry is desirable with a proven understanding of software revenue recognition a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in operational and financial auditing required with the ability to construct well-targeted audit reports within the context of the business/industry operations/practices.
- Strong working knowledge of key business processes (order to cash, procure to pay, financial close, hire to pay, equity, etc.) is required.
- Proficiency in technology concepts and IT general controls (access management, change control, application controls, etc.) is highly desired.
- Familiarity with SAP or other ERP system a plus.
- Strong project management/organizational and planning skills; ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability to comfortably communicate to all levels of management and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and integrity in all interactions.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and other data analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI etc.).
- Ability and desire to embrace ambiguity, problem solve, and deliver solutions within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A results-oriented team-player with a self-motivated, proactive, and positive can-do attitude.
- Strong EQ to understand the motivations of other people so that you can effectively collaborate with people on shared goals.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.