Sr Experience Designer, Design Strategy
- San Francisco, CA
Are you a well-rounded Designer who loves the early stages of problem solving? Do you pride yourself on your ability to understand people, generate concrete ideas, craft visual stories, design product experiences, make strategy real in a large organization? Do you thrive in upbeat, collaborative environments? Do you prefer complex, forward-thinking technology problems to clearly-defined design briefs?
We are a cheerful team of Design Strategists that specialize in the domain between business problem and user need. We're obsessed with finding high impact niches for innovation and transforming them into customer-proven initiatives at Adobe. We are looking for an expert in visual and product design who has a mind for strategy to round out our team. Wow us with your persuasive visuals!
What you'll be working on
As an Experience Designer on the Design Strategy Team, you will go after problems that don't fit cleanly within existing roadmaps. That means the space might be new, or the user needs might require clarification. We collaborate with people across the company to discover business needs, learn what other folks are doing in the industry, and identify what our customers truly desire. We then get to the fun work of ideation. Our work usually culminates in customer-ratified concepts and prototypes, along with a whole lot of executive presentations. This is big idea work that is highly visible!
The successful candidate will be a future thinker with a broad set of design talents, as well as someone who is both collaborative and proactive in nature. You'll participate in early-stage strategy work: interviews, research, and workshops. Once you understand the space, you'll craft mockups, storyboards, journey maps, prototypes, interactive walkthroughs, and even design principles - all in service of delivering polished, story-driven experience concepts that will build momentum around our new ideas.
Examples of our work might include:
- concepts for an entirely new Enterprise creative workflow tool
- a prototyped web experience to capture creative user intent, or
- a pitch for a new cloud service to help small businesses in their contracting journeys.
What you'll bring to the team
- Bachelor-level college degree
- Outstanding visual design skills: from pitch deck to sketched concepts to detailed UI screens for prototypes
- 5-10 years working in HCI or design-related field in the technology space
- Proficiency in fundamental visual & interaction design principles.
- Expert abilities in Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, After Effects and similar tools.
- Proven collaboration skills: passion to include and build on others' ideas and iterate quickly with critique
- Fluency in the human-centered design process: how to build a solution around user needs
- Proven track-record pitching to senior executives
- Workshop and team facilitation experience
- Proven expertise in user research
- Proficiency in business language, strategy, and metrics
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio. We'd especially like to see strong systems-thinking and a strong narrative about how your work has evolved over time.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world's ability to create and communicate. We're a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe's three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top