Sr. Experience Designer, After Effects
Are you obsessed with your tools? Are you constantly thinking about improving workflows or a more beautiful visual design for your apps? Are you in love with video, motion graphics and moving media? This is your chance to invent creative tools for creative people just like you. The Adobe Digital Video and Audio team is growing and looking for designers like you.
As part of Adobe Design, we are responsible for the design of Adobe's powerful Creative Cloud video apps such as Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush, After Effects and Character Animator. We work closely with research, product managers, and engineering to deeply understand customer needs and deliver the highest standard in creative digital video tools. We impact everything from the small details to big-picture feature concepts and long-term strategy on products used by millions of customers across a variety of specialties and experience levels. This is an exciting opportunity to design the future generations of these applications.
As members of Adobe Design, we:
- Have meaningful ownership. We make important decisions about the way Adobe's products look, feel, and behave.
- Understand and advocate the for the customer. We work with researchers (or conduct your own), from customer discovery to usability testing.
- Grow and sharpen our skills. We present work to a broad cross-section of partners within the company. We use the latest design and prototyping tools. We are always improving our own design process.
- Collaborate. We are a cross-functional team that understands the value of design and needs strong design leaders to drive great design deeper into the culture of the organization
- Bring design to life. We value a wide range of prototyping methods as a way to quickly evaluate and iterate on designs.
- Ship. We see our designs built and placed in the hands of millions of creative customers.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience as a designer on collaborative teams on dynamic projects with many moving parts
- Experience working with design researchers or conducting your own research, presenting results, and acting on insights
- Awareness of how visual design languages and design systems affect the design process
- A multi-platform approach that recognizes how mobile, touch, voice and pen interfaces are broadening the possibilities of the user experience
- A consistent track record of launching products that delight and innovate
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Be confident and comfortable with uncertainty. Display your individual leadership style and make things happen. Ability to work independently when necessary.
- Deep knowledge of video, 3D animation, motion graphics, and visual effects.
- A love of design
To be considered for this role, please submit a resume and portfolio with examples of process or evolution of work. This position is located in Seattle or San Francisco.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top