Sr Experience Designer, Adobe XD Design Systems
- San Francisco, CA
Adobe Design is seeking emerging design leaders who have a passion for crafting the future of creative tools to join our Adobe XD design team in San Francisco, California. This is your opportunity to join a fast-paced team, think holistically about design and help build creative tools for creative people, just like you.
This position will be heavily focused on working solving the toughest problems around connecting design and development workflows. You should be able to roll up your sleeves with the subject matters of both areas and therefore have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming. That's why we need a passionate designer to conceptualize, iterate and execute across multiple design directions and workflows. One who favors interactive prototypes over flat mockups, with a keen business sense, and has the ability to create innovative design directions that scale Adobe's design products.
- Have significant ownership. You'll make important decisions about the way our product looks, feels and behaves.
- Critique and be critiqued. We value a positive personality who can give and take healthy feedback, encourage and develop the team's ideas, and generally leave ego out of it.
- Drive the design process. From early vision concepts, to wireframes, to visual design and onto pixel-perfect delivery, our team does it all.
- Understand and advocate for our users. Work with researchers and product managers from customer discovery through detailed usability testing, always putting our users first.
- Mentor. Guide junior designers and help them grow.
- Grow. You'll sharpen your skills in this role, take ownership of important aspects of the design, and help evolve the team as we continue to learn and tune our process.
- Collaborate. You'll be part of a very communicative, healthy, product development family that includes products managers, engineers, researchers, program managers, and other designers.
- Ship. We ship. You'll have multiple opportunities to bring the hypothetical to the actual and enjoy seeing your work in the hands of millions.
What you'll bring to the team
- College degree, preferably in design or development-related fields (i.e., HCI, graphic design, comp sci)
- 5+ years of work experience in the industry. Enterprise experience is a plus.
- Subject matter expertise in design to development workflows. Object-oriented programming or strong experience working with engineers a plus.
- Proven experience implementing design systems at different scales. Subject matter expertise in visual design languages, newer standards (i.e., accessibility), and/or UI frameworks is a plus.
- Proven track record of launched products that delight, innovate and scale.
- Proven experience working with or conducting your own research, communicating results and acting on those results.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a fun, tight-knit team.
- Love for all things design.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role you must submit a resume and online portfolio with examples of process and evolution of work.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design builds tools that amplify the world's ability to create and communicate. We're a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe's three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top