Sr. Engineering Manager UI, Adobe Target
- Equally passionate about solving interesting software problems and managing teams
- Fearless when it comes to deep technical problems
- Interested in solving customer and technical problems in simple, elegant ways
- A team-builder and a team-player, both within the team and across teams, in all functional areas
- Candid and positive with your feedback and never mean. You know how to deliver the right feedback that helps people reach their maximum potential and keeps them happy.
- Organized. You have the right answer at the right time for your team and for your managers.
- Pragmatic. When push comes to shove, you can prioritize, simplify, and create a path towards greatness instead of insisting on perfection.
- Humble. You check your ego at the front door and always do what is right for the customer, the product, the team, and the company.
- A mentor. You care deeply about people and want to help those that want to help themselves and earn their trust.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience managing or leading development teams through full product delivery cycles
- 10+ years of industry experience (as engineer and manager)
- Strong working knowledge of modern software development methodologies and software design patterns and have experience leading significant software projects/products
- Demonstrated success building world class applications that can handle millions of events per hour
- Expertise in one or more programming languages like Scala, Java, or comparable object-oriented language
- Some Expertise in SQL DB, No-SQL DB, Spark, Hadoop, HBase and other technologies that accelerate big data applications and their development
- Experience building stable and scalable software systems
- Practical knowledge with cloud based technologies such as virtualization and containers
- Experience with Agile Software Development techniques
- Excellent English / written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in a global environment and of managing global teams
- Nice to have: Advertising and/or Big Data background
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top