Sr. Consultant - Adobe Federal
Adobe Consulting engagements involve full life-cycle project delivery, in-depth product and technical consulting, and mentoring and knowledge transfer to customers. As a Consultant, you will deliver high quality consulting services to our growing client base. This includes contributing to technical requirements gathering and solution and application design, and performing development, testing and installation of Adobe software as required by the project.
The Consultant should have experience successfully delivering Java based solutions in a team environment. This is a field-based job and consultants are expected to be on Customer site for extended periods of time. The Adobe Public Sector Consultant works directly with government customers to deliver enterprise solutions and implementations leveraging Adobe platforms and applications. Typically, deployments include Adobe LiveCycle, CQ, Analytics, or Connect often coupled with integration of other non-Adobe applications.
This role is to be based from the McLean, VA office.
What you will do
- Assist clients in achieving strategic e-business objectives through technology solution implementation.
- Deliver high quality consulting services to growing client base.
- Participate in team development activities following the Agile methodology including SCRUM.
- Document knowledge and best practices.
- Proactively gain a level of technical expertise through internally and externally available learning opportunities as applicable as well as self-study.
- Position requires up to 35% travel.
What you need to succeed
- Working experience in Enterprise Software Development Lifecycle Process, specifically Java development.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- 1 - 3 year's minimum J2EE / JSP / EJB / Java Development required, 5+ years ideal.
- Knowledge of Java IDEs and source control management.
- Iterative/Agile/Scrum development experience.
- REST, SOAP, SOA, XML, XSLT, XSD.
- System and Document Security/PKI/SSL.
- Experience in these areas a plus: Knowledge of web content management systems e.g., Vignette, Interwoven TeamSite, Drupal, Tridion, IBM WCM, etc.; Application Frameworks i.e. Spring, OSGI, Sling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as customer relationship building skills.
- Debugging and appropriate debugging tools usage skills in general TCP/IP networking, UNIX and/or Windows NT/2000 Operating system, HTTP protocol and request processing, SMTP, etc. are a plus.
- Experience in at least one of the current SQL dialects is a plus.
- Adapt to and work effectively with a variety of clients and in challenging situations.
- Desire to participate in and help build and strengthen a team-oriented environment.
- Strong adherence to a consistent delivery methodology and associated deliverable generation.
- Ability to work from the McLean office Monday thru Friday also required.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top