Solution Architect - Commerce
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
The Cloud Technology organization builds platforms and services that are the foundation of most Adobe products. If you have used an Adobe product, you've used what Cloud Tech builds. Focus areas include Adobe Sensei (Adobe's AI and machine learning platform), identity, search, synchronization, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, and workflow, just to name a few. Cloud Tech builds highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient platforms and services that help delight and inspire our customers.
The Commerce Team is responsible for providing engineering leadership and delivery for key business transformation projects within our global Commerce ecosystem. We are part of the Enterprise Solution Services team within the Information Technology organization. The Commerce organization builds critical customer facing and revenue critical services that are foundational to both the Adobe customer experience as well as the core internal corporate business operations. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
The ESS Commerce organization is looking for a skilled Solution Architect with a background in Commerce services, cloud native microservices, and enterprise technology-based solutions such as SAP. We are looking for someone with passion, energy, and drive that can bring fresh ideas, high strategic level thinking, strong business engagement skills, and an appetite for execution. This role will share a point of view and leadership in the design of critical services, in close partnership with other product engineering solution architects, enterprise architects, product engineering, and product management teams. A strong understanding of both business functional flows and underpinning technology is a plus. You have exemplary communication skills, bring attention to detail, and possess a strong ability to influence. There will be a heavy focus on vision and socialization of key initiatives, multi-faceted dependency mapping, technology service alignment, and the execution of standard methodologies to guide the product organization through different stages of the development life-cycle. You are able to drive multi-functional solutions and key operational processes in a fast-paced agile environment. This includes having a strong ability to collaborate across all functions of the company and communicate with peers, outside teams and executive staff.
What you'll do
- Design multi-functional commerce services that demonstrate cloud native micro-service architectures.
- Extrapolate functional components of enterprise level ERP solutions for use in standalone highly available, highly scalable cloud-based services.
- E2E service integration models and holistic cross-service data workflows which will be needed to link multiple customer facing and corporate backend solutions.
- Problem solve novel solutions, architectures and use cases to help meet customer and commerce objectives.
- Develop robust recommendations, proposals and scope of work documents while also identifying critical dependencies & gaps.
- Work with partner engineering teams to develop integrated solutions and lead detailed architectural conversations about how to deliver a complete solution.
- Present your proposals to other architect and executive-level partners in a clear and compelling way.
- Create strong relationships with key decision makers and act as trusted consultant.
What you need to succeed
- B.S./B.A. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in enterprise commerce for an environment that leverages both cloud solution and SAP Enterprise (SD and FI) solutions. Primary emphasis on cloud native service solution design.
- Cloud Architecture Knowledge: A deep understanding of the architectural and security principals of web-based enterprise platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers.
- Integration Experience: A good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments.
- RESTful Web Services, OOP Design patterns
- Java 8, Spring Boot & Jersey Framework, Cloud deployment experience
- Web Front end technology (React JS, Angular JS, Node.JS, npm, HTML 5, CSS) experience
- RDBMS (MySQL) Experience
- Big data (Cassandra, Mongo…) experience
- Docker containers, AWS EC2, VPC, RDS, Cloud formation
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top