Software Engineering Manager
- San Jose, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver amazing digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to craft alluring and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building extraordinary employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
The Mobile team in Adobe Experience platform is positioned uniquely to own the full eco-system of delivering digital experiences on mobile devices. We are responsible for supporting services, SDKs and UIs to support mobile workflows. We are seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a team crafting high-performance services, building and operating solutions that handle immense amounts of data for enterprise customers worldwide. The Engineering Manager will lead all aspects of the software development lifecycle including architecture, design, development, quality assurance, and operations responsibilities for multiple services. This position is based in our San Jose, CA offices within the Experience Cloud Business Unit of Adobe.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of excellent software engineers to expertly design, build, deliver, and operate high quality software that delights our customers.
- Collaborate with Product Management (PM), Architecture, and Operations, and front-end UI teams to define key APIs, system interfaces, and integration points that tackle core business problems for our customers.
- Engage in cost-benefit analysis to design and deliver extraordinary experiences that deliver high performance and reliability with low time to market.
- Capture technical requirements from multiple sources and improve on existing strategy and architecture for storing, processing, and reporting on data at petabyte scale.
- Research and develop expertise in the realm of digital experiences on mobile.
- Hire, train, mentor, motivate, and retain top engineering talent
What you'll have:
- Demonstrated 5-7 years of enterprise software development including significant experience in service oriented architecture and distributed systems in a SaaS environment.
- Prior engineering management or team lead experience.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with compute cluster, container, orchestration and big-data technologies such as Mesos, Spark, Hadoop, Docker, and Kubernetes preferred
- BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field. You combine technical skills, leadership skills, and a strong product development background.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to present to executives, customers, and other business partners in a clear, articulate manner.
- Must be detail oriented and very ambitious.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. We give everyone - from emerging artists to global brands - everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top