Software Engineering Manager
- San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a strong technical engineer to own an established team for Marketo, an Adobe company. Are you passionate about solving interesting and meaningful technical problems in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun-loving environment? Are you interested crafting the next generation of platform components for Adobe- Marketo by bringing to bear the latest and greatest technologies?
If you answer Yes to the above questions, we believe our technical lead/ manager position is the right opportunity for you!
As the leader of our Sales App engineering team, you will be a catalyst for Marketo's top product initiatives, such as:
- Orion: The use of technologies such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, and HBase to handle millions of customer activities per second and terabytes of data per day
- Sales Applications: Empower sales professionals to have visibility into both marketing and sales insights to increase the chance of winning their opportunities
- Marketing Campaign engine: New generation tech with Asynchronous Reactive Programming, Spark Streaming for the inflow of tasks, Akka for the workflow processes, and Cassandra/HBase for data storage and processing
- Work with other engineering teams and product managers to ensure projects are successful in both features and technically.
- Design, develop and test (including automated, continuous integration) key product features/components of our platform.
- Develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, but surprisingly easy to maintain.
- Up to 70% of hands-on development.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Proficient in server-side and client-facing technology.
- Experience managing or leading a technical team.
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a standout colleague
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
It is great if you know:
- Cassandra, Redis, or Mongo, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka
- Scala, Akka framework
- Asynchronous Reactive Programming
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top