Software Development Engineer
Magento, an Adobe Company, is the leading provider of open omnichannel innovation to retailers, brands and branded manufacturers across retail B2C and B2B industries. In addition to its flagship open source eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omnichannel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences.
As a member of Magento Customer Engineering and development team, you will be responsible for the elaboration of a backend-side framework, development, and support of new features, supporting and consulting enterprise production merchants and Magento Cloud projects. If you are an experienced software engineer and willing to push the boundaries of your knowledge and drive your career forward. We want to hear from you soon and Magento will reward you well for your talents!
- Can resolve advanced level issues or customer escalations and take ownership of the issues
- Participate in the design and development of one or more product features or sub-systems
- Actively participate in architecture discussions and proposes solutions to system and product changes cross teams.
- Identify and drive infrastructure needs and modifications to support the project delivery
- Cross-team collaboration and communication
- Identify and review and backward incompatibility risks/security issues/performance issues
- Write tech specs and identify risks and reduce complexity
- Diagnose and resolve performance issues
- Develop and maintain automation tools for team needs
- Review code and provide technical guidance to team members
- Communicate to Internal and External Developers/Community/Merchants
- Provide mentorship for team members
- Conduct Deep Dives and/or Dev Talks
- Participate in hiring and technical interview process
Required Skills & Technical Knowledge
Extensive PHP experience
- Object Oriented Programming skills
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong database architecture skills, MySQL knowledge, experience interacting with database systems through an abstraction layer
- Experience with caching and cache storages (Redis, memcache, ...)
Experience in identifying and implementing performance optimizations, understanding scalability concepts
Proficient Linux user, understanding concepts behind LAMP/LNMP stack applications
In-depth knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them, understanding PCI compliance concepts
- Experience with frameworks such as Zend Framework, Prototype(JS), JQuery(JS).
- CI/CD - Deployment pipeline experience
- 3+ years of strong development background
- 2+ years of continuous Magento 1 & 2 development experience
- BS/MS EE or CS degree; 6+ years related experience
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top