Software Developer- Trust & Safety Engineering
Trust & Safety Engineering at Adobe develops and operates internal services to detect and mitigate abusive activity and undesirable content on Adobe's Cloud Platform. We are looking for experienced computer scientists and engineers to understand patterns of abuse, develop new strategies and algorithms, implement them and monitor their effectiveness. The team operates as a one-stop shop directly responsible for functionality definition, architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support.
Adobe has been a pioneer and innovator throughout its history and is recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Global Brands according to Interbrand. Adobe's dynamic working environment is also well known and has received awards throughout the globe. Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best and rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to share in the company's success.
What you'll do
- Develop strategies and algorithms to detect undesirable content and activity.
- Analyze user reports and usage data to extract patterns of abuse.
- Implement automated and hybrid workflows to mitigate detected abuse.
- Publish and analyze metrics indicating the level of abusive activity and trends.
- Work with product, engineering and support teams to integrate existing or new platform services, analyze gaps and identify new functionality for development.
- Develop working relationships with peers in other organizations to keep on top of industry trends and work in academia.
- Serve as a domain expert and go-to resource on Trust & Safety.
What you need to succeed
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics. Outstanding candidates with graduate degrees in other Engineering fields or Physical Sciences along with substantial experience in software development will be considered.
- Minimum five years' experience designing, developing and implementing web services at service provider scale.
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux, a web server like Apache or nginx, related technologies and tools to build web services. JSON and XML.
- Ability to work in a Linux command line environment - with a scripting interface like Bash, and with pattern matching and extraction tools like grep and awk.
- Familiarity and a high level of comfort working in agile development and deployment teams. Scrum experience is a plus, especially working in Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence.)
- Expert-level knowledge and implementation experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Platform services for abuse detection and prevention - spam, nudity, violence, profanity, hatred and user activity modeling.
- Machine Learning algorithms and their implementation - feature extraction, model building, training, and validation.
- Aggregation, scrubbing, filtering and analysis of large data sets.
- Log aggregation, data extraction and analysis with Splunk.
- Data access and management with relational (MySQL, Postgres, or Oracle) and non-relational databases (MongoDB or Cassandra.)
- Image and video content - encoding/transcoding, compression, pattern extraction, pattern matching, character and object recognition.
- Cloud-scale software and services on Cloud environments - AWS, Azure, GCP or OpenStack with Docker.
- User interfaces and visualization on the web with Angular or React.
- Resource consumption and performance analysis on Linux.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top