Service Reliability Engineer
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
The Reliability Engineering organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management, synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
Site Reliability Engineering has an exciting and challenging mission: Build, deploy, operate, scale and maintain company-wide platforms (PlaaS) for customer facing Adobe SaaS solutions. While various development groups focus on building our platforms, SRE provides operational/engineering support for both the platform as well as the product teams that leverage the platforms. A capable site reliability engineer (SRE) should have one main high-level objective; identify and solve complex problems through software. This is not a traditional sysadmin/operations role (ie deployments, ticket work, dashboarding, monitoring, incident response). A significant portion of time (~50%) will be some form of programming/development work, preferably to solve self-identified problems. This role will work with the various Adobe product engineering teams and will report to the Engineering Manager of Site Reliability Engineering group.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure the highest level of uptime and Quality of Service (QoS) to Adobe's customers through operational excellence
- Define service level objectives (SLOs) and service level indicators (SLIs) to represent and measure service quality
- Embed with product teams (physically and/or virtually) to foster strong collaboration/partnership
- Identify areas to improve service resiliency through techniques such as chaos engineering, performance/load testing, etc
- Support and maintain globally distributed, multi-cloud (public and/or private) environments
- Automate common, repeatable tasks at large scale to streamline operational procedures
- Design and maintain production monitoring systems
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools
- Evaluate and manage application and environment security
- Follow change management processes during implementations
- Use and maintain version control for application infrastructure
- Work in a diverse and global team environment
- Cross-train with other global team members
- Participate in an on-call rotation as required
- Determine root-cause for all production level incidents and write corresponding high-quality RCA reports
- Promote the DevOps/SRE mindset
What you will bring:
- 3+ years production level experience with distributed applications at scale in public cloud (AWS and/or Azure)
- Experience in one (and preferably more) of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Production level expertise with containerization orchestration engines (ie Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Strong working knowledge of modern, continuous development techniques and pipelines (Agile, Kanban, CI/CD, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory)
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as ISO27001, SOCII, PCI-DSS, and/or HIPAA
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries, particularly in the context of a SaaS offering.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top