Senior Web Analytics Data Analyst - Retention
- San Francisco, CA
The Adobe.com Web Analytics team is looking for a dynamic, versatile, detail minded Data Insights Analyst / Manager to join the team! The paid member web engagement and retention journey is a challenging, fast growing, constantly evolving space that needs your skillset in driving actionable, high impact insights that will generate long-term value for Adobe and its customers. Your background is an outstanding blend of strong story-telling and technical expertise. In this role, you are tasked with unlocking and communicating customer-centric, actionable insights to your product and business partners by piecing together multiple sources. You are also equally up to the task of getting into the details by digging deep into the data and crafting robust reporting solutions that help you and your partners scale efficiently.
What you will do:
- Take ownership of strategic analytics projects and present clearly communicated findings that lead to actionable insights for key partners.
- Multi-task and support ad-hoc querying and analyses to understand customer behavior, investigate emerging trends and diagnose data discrepancies.
- Architect and build data pipelines and reporting solutions, mostly on and around Adobe Analytics clickstream data. Ramp up quickly as an authority of stitching and calibrating data across various data sources that relate to the customer's web journey.
- Partner with the Adobe.com Analytics Enablement team to understand, validate and occasionally architect instrumentation and data flow. Understand how instrumentation impacts data pipelines mentioned above.
- Design and build data sets for various use cases such as, but not limited to, deep-dive analyses and scalable reporting solutions.
- Devise and share reporting requirements to partner teams tasked with building and maintaining productized reporting/data solutions.
- Understand, monitor and collaborate with various teams to ensure ongoing data quality.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or a related field is required, master's preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability.
- Strong proficiency in querying, manipulating and analyzing large data sets using SQL and/or SQL-like languages.
- Expert level skills working with Apache Hadoop and related technology stack like Pig, Hive, Oozie etc.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to stitch, calibrate and quality control multiple data sources.
- Up to the challenge of exploring new areas and finding creative ways to tackle or circumvent data problems.
- Ability to persistently navigate organizational challenges without losing sight of key goals.
- Utilizes the right approach that makes efficient use of time and resources.,
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Web Analytics experience is highly desired.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics Workspace/Ad Hoc Analysis and web clickstream data highly desired.
- Working knowledge of a data visualization tool such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Knowledge of Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistical modeling techniques and data mining concepts is desirable.
- Familiarity with one or more machine learning or statistical modeling tools such as R, scikit-learn, MLlib or Tensorflow.
- Proficiency in Java or Python.
- Advanced Excel skills.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top