Senior Technical Consultant - Magento
A Senior Technical Consultant is responsible for the development and implementation of software, interfaces and integration modules to external systems and for planning and identifying the resources necessary to successfully implement technical solutions.
- Contributes to the design and development of a product feature or sub-system.
- Always represents Magento (work product, communications, presence) professionally in both client and team situations
- Produce clear, well-communicated, complete designs for product features or sub-systems
- Participate in architecture discussions and proposes solutions
- Provide weekly progress reports to team lead for inclusion in customer status report
- Triage and solve live issues. Fix bugs and resolve production issues.
- Develop and maintain up to date technical documentation related to the Project
- Meet project deliverables on time and with good quality.
- Ensure quality of deliverables as defined by the organization
- Identifies opportunities for project team productivity improvements or directions
- 5+ years' experience with Magento Commerce, including solid knowledge of Magento hosting configuration and best practices
- Minimum 2 years' experience building and designing server applications in a distributed environment
- BS/MS EE or CS degree plus a total of 2-4 years' experience depending on degree level
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of DBMS (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle), XML, HTTP, HTML, NT/UNIX systems.
- Strong presentation skills; skilled and effective at presenting to both technical and business audiences
- Strong knowledge of vulnerability and performance of web application
- Strong knowledge of requirements analysis
- Skilled with frameworks such as Zend Framework, Prototype (JS), jQuery (JS).
- Skilled user of CI tools (Bamboo, TeamCity, Hudson).
- Understanding of sorting, searching algorithms and data structures and best practices of using them
- Knowledge of underlying technologies that Magento is built on (ex: LAMP, APIs, etc.)
- Knowledge of common systems within an eCommerce environment (ex: ERP, CRM, OMS, etc.)
- Web application fundamentals
- Experience with web services (SOAP, xmlRPC,
- Experience with distributed memory object caching systems, memcache.
- Experience and knowledge of Relational Databases (RDBMS), SQL, Oracle.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented design principles and methodology
- Experience with Version Control Systems (SVN, Git, etc.).
- Experience in UNIX systems on a user level.
- Experience with frameworks such as Zend Framework, Prototype (JS), jQuery (JS).
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top