Senior Software Engineer V
Marketo (an Adobe Company) provides easy-to-use, powerful and complete marketing software that propels fast-growing small companies and global enterprises, turning marketing from a cost center into a revenue driver. Marketo is a leader in cloud software, recently rated in the top 50 of the Deloitte Technology fast 500. We have a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth, and employee networks developed to increase our commitment to a balanced, healthy life for our people.
We provide you with competitive compensation including equity, corporate discounts, an excellent parental leave plan, and generous health benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc).
We are a dynamic, focused team in the midst of a major re-architecture of our core platform. We use state of the art technologies to build sophisticated solutions. Would you like to work on a collaborative team with a small company culture and access to big company resources?
We are building our next generation user experience, powered by our API platform which is also published to our customers for their use.
The best person for this job won't necessarily be the one with everything on our wish list, but will be the person who shows they can learn, collaborate, and contribute to our culture.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years total development experience, with 4+ years of experience designing and developing large-scale Web applications with high availability and reliability, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Strong core Java, design patterns, and OOD/OOP skills
- Experience interacting with relational databases and ORMs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Experience using a version control system (Git preferred)
Nice to have:
- Experience using Redux
- Experience using Docker
- Experience using functional programming paradigms and immutable data structures
- PHP knowledge/experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
- Java knowledge/experience with Java MVC frameworks (Tomcat, Hibernate, Spring, etc.)
- Experience utilizing WebSockets/Socket.io
- Knowledge of NoSQL datastores like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience working in an Agile culture (preferably Scrum)
- Experience with open-source application/web servers like Tomcat, NodeJS, Nginx, Apache
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top