Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
About Technical Operations
Adobe Product Technical Operations supports the Adobe Experience Cloud's design, delivery, and operation. We're a global team of over 700 smart, passionate people. We work with Development and Product Management to balance scope, quality, and time to market for our industry-leading SaaS solutions. Our groups include Security, Networking, Storage, Compute, Data Center Operations, 24x7 GOC, Site Reliability Engineering, and Application Development.
We work with a wide variety of technologies. We are a collection of organic and acquired products and services. We focus on building services that Development and Operations can reuse to encourage speed, consistency, and value creation.
We have a global presence, spread across Public Cloud, Co-location, and our own Data Center. We collect, process, and serve tens of billions of transactions daily.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the TechOps Storage Services team, you will join talented team supporting one of the largest SaaS businesses in the world, the Adobe Experience Cloud. The team is responsible for large-scale data storage, metrics collection, and backup infrastructure supporting a wide variety of workloads. Your skills and experience building software solutions to manage complex environments will help us delight our customers at every opportunity.
- Lead development efforts to improve system reliability and instrumentation.
- Design, build, and maintain automated build, test, and release infrastructure.
- Re-engineer systems and services for testability and release safety.
- Apply and share best practices in code hygiene and maintainability.
- Work in a demanding, fast-paced atmosphere.
- Support Adobe's multi-petabyte storage services in private and public cloud locations.
- Support storage services in public cloud locations (Azure, AWS).
- Assist with building and maintaining services on Docker containers running in Kubernetes.
- Support a 24x7 distributed enterprise environment.
- Participate in a follow-the-sun on-call rotation responding to alerts and escalations from other team members.
- Implement system updates and fixes.
- Evaluate new or improved system architecture.
- Work closely with an existing team of skilled engineers.
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators for storage services and communicate regularly with management to report on operational performance.
- Follow service management processes such as change, incident and problem management.
- Provide supporting inputs to budget planning, HW life cycle planning and resource planning/allocation.
- Participate in vendor relationship for HW procurement, product road maps and emerging Storage and Data Protection technologies.
- Make recommendations on operational, strategic, and tactical initiatives by working closely with other team members and teams within the operations and engineering organizations.
- Promote effective teamwork.
- College degree in the field of Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or other degree with equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Demonstrated experience with software development lifecycle and automated CI/CD tools with a DevOps focus.
- Expertise in Public and Hybrid cloud technologies.
- Extensive experience with programming, scripting and automation tools including Python, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and non-technical staff.
- Prior experience in defining and developing strategy, technology blueprint and road maps.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in analyzing project scope and determining resources needed to meet project demands.
- Effective at short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top