Senior Software Engineer
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Adobe Experience Cloud is composed of highly distributed Enterprise applications, deployed across multi-cloud environments: we are looking for extraordinary individuals with knowledge and experience across the entire modern software development lifecycle (what Marketing brochures call "Cloud Native" microservices): you will need to confidently move from architecture design, to software development (Java preferred) to fully-automated CI/CD deployment (Kubernetes experience preferred) and have a deep awareness of what makes a highly-available service reliable and easy-to-deploy.
As part of a "rapid reaction" elite development team, you will be asked to work on complex technical problems and / or troubled projects; help mentoring existing teams who may have had less exposure to Cloud principles; and generally, "lead by example," writing well-tested (and testable) code; highly automated deployments; and generally robust and resilient massively scalable distributed systems.
Experience as a Tech Lead in dynamic startups, or SRE in large organizations, would be both valuable as we craft the future of Adobe's Experience Cloud; this team truly values gender and race diversity, so applications from under-represented minorities in the software development space are warmly encouraged.
• Work in a small team of very senior, full-stack engineers on full-cycle, responsible for concept-to-Production design, development and deployment of large scale, distributed services;
• Define and implement fully scalable, multi-tenant Cloud Native architectures, as well as the actual implementation, bearing in mind failure modes; performance metrics; observability and maintainability of customer-facing, critical services;
• Adopt, and evangelize, modern industry best practices: consistent code style; full test coverage; full automation; etc.
• Build "infrastructure-as-code" deployments on Adobe's Kubernetes Production clusters, ensuring the service can be deployed to multiple environments (Staging, Test, Production) across multiple public Clouds;
• Mentor and train other software developers on DevOps and Cloud Native standard methodologies.
• 5 years+ experience in designing distributed systems, with a deep appreciation of CAP (and more recent thinking around consistency/availability);
• Validated expertise in taking care of large-scale and/or Big Data systems;
• 3 years+ SRE experience, or at least proven expertise on the Operational aspects of delivering and maintaining a Cloud-deployed SaaS application (the role is not as an SRE, but you need to know how to make SREs' lives easier, by designing the complete solution appropriately).
• Shown experience in working in a small, possibly distributed, team, using Agile practices to quickly develop and deploy complex services, with deep knowledge of available Open Source technologies, so as not to waste time re-inventing the wheel, but rather focus on delivering a high-quality, reliable and testable solution;
• Ability to articulate design choices to a less technical audience (executives, product managers, technical customer support) so they can appreciate the issues and trade-offs;
• Ability to lead by example a team of less experienced engineers, training them up, on-the-job, on DevOps and CI/CD practices.
• At least 10 years' experience in any of Java / C++ / Python (and, ideally, more than one);
• Working experience on Docker and Kubernetes (actual Production services deployment, not just reading the book);
• Working experience on any of (and, ideally, several of): Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Zookeeper/etcd, and other OSS distributed technologies.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Marketo's Employees
Sergio C.Senior Director, Global Creative & Digital Experience
Sergio and his team partner with a variety of departments to service clients on a consultative basis—providing design, creative, and web development consultation to engage their audiences.
Back to top